Thread: [Guide] Some Connection Issues

[Guide] Some Connection Issues

Recently, as you all (or most of you) know, my connection recently has been a real b***h. The other night however, I came across my problem. Yeyy, go me -.-

Anyway, as you all know, Hamachi creates a LAN over the internet etc etc etc. Need i explain more about it? No. Well, I opened my Network Connections window to find I had TWO networks running, my real connection, and my connection with Hamachi. Thus far, I have isabled the Hamachi connection and all seems well.

If anyone has any issues such as connection issues, post them up and someone might have a solution

Re: [Guide] Some Connection Issues

Gogo Mr. TechieSnerfs.

EDIT: You can't by any chance fix my prob where I get dropped everytime the phone rings? (or at least moan at Be to give me my filter! lol)
    Last edited by VoX; 1st September 2008 at 10:16 AM.

ye, buy a mobile :P

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Oh, you don't want to know about the connection problems me and Trigger have xD.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Vox that means your connection is synced too high for your Line, it can be fixed by lowering the SNR margin on your router.

And hamachi if left enabled wreaks havoc with any online games and the internet in general.

No, it's cause one of my filters is a really old Tiscali one that's probably broke, were still waiting on another one.

Also, I think we need a new router from Be, this one has overheated twice and needed to be left off for the night to allow us to connect.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post
    And hamachi if left enabled wreaks havoc with any online games and the internet in general.
    Maybe that was causing some of my connection issues? Would it cause ports to not forward properly?

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Quote Originally Posted by VoX View Post
    No, it's cause one of my filters is a really old Tiscali one that's probably broke, were still waiting on another one.

Also, I think we need a new router from Be, this one has overheated twice and needed to be left off for the night to allow us to connect.
    Well they shouldnt overheat and I doubt it has, but still I would use some half decent netgear kit with be to be honest.

I'm too poor to buy a Netgear Draft-N wireless router (would be awesome as me and mum sometimes use wireless) and my dad hates Be and truly believes we were better off with Tiscali (he's not so "learned" in technology lol) and my mum would argue that our one is perfectly fine.

My mum is the sort of person who believes she knows more than me in terms of computers, however still moans at me for installing the new PR as she claims 2GB will "really start to bog our computer down." We have 360GB of space on 2HDD's ffs (not allot but we don't use much.)

lol Tell them to shut there lids, its mind boggiling where they get all this crap from.

Had my 13 year old sister saying "why dont we have that free broadband, why are we paying £18 a month"

Nearly drop kicked the bitch in the face for down talking be broadband

Thread Information