Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Gamer Showdown Piccies!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

PC Gamer Showdown Piccies!

You may be disappointed here, since because my digital camera is useless and seems to think perfectly good batteries are flat, I could only take a few photos on my phone. However, I believe Mitch took a few pictures, including a probably quite embarrassing group photo of all of us, so they will be posted soon as well hopefully.

The upsides of the PCGSD included not actually having to spend any money at all apart from transport, since we won our tickets free off the internet, and because Rustlers were giving away free ready-cooked burgers throughout the day we didn't need to buy any food. Another upside was not having to queue at all really to play on Far Cry 2, and Far Cry 2 being awesome once you were on it.

The downsides included there being 12 Xbox 360's together, two of which played fairly decent games, and the other 12 played some crappy Tiger Woods golfing game. I mean, who actually likes Golf?

It was a good day overall, being able to play on games you'd been waiting for and meeting up with other members of ATK, anyway here are the photos:

Friend of Wander playing Far Cry 2:

Exhibition Hall:

Main Stage:

And this is why we didn't play Left 4 Dead. Yes that's right, WE DIDN'T PLAY LEFT 4 DEA
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Re: PC Gamer Showdown Piccies!

Same was lol que time and couldnt be bothered, we brought our laptops in though and the secruity let us plug them into the BYOC section

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

You got to play Far Cry 2! Awesome, shame about Left 4 Dead though, at least i didn't miss much.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Far Cry 2 was pure liquid awesome. Despite the fact the demo guy who was keeping an eye on everything looked kind of grumpy and bored.

yeah he really looked like he wanted to play but was told not to. Far Cry was fun though As was Mirror's Edge.

Bloo destroyed half of Africa though, and played the entire Mirror's Edge demo level TWICE! : P

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

That really is gay that you didn't get to play Left 4 Dead, it was one of the main reasons I wanted to go! Did you watch people playing, what was it like?

Far Cry 2 sound awesome, I guess it lived up to your expectations ?

Wish I could have gone, but there's always next year lol. How was the exhibition in comparison to i34, and where was the LAN held? If it was in the same "gamer's paradise" area, what was in all of the empty space, since there were only 500 PCs for the LAN?

EDIT: more importantly, did you get any free stuff ?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

ohh we got bags of free stuff : D None of it particularly good.

Got tons of free stuff and peirs mate turned down a free warhammer collectors editon :S

the lan was held in the same place as the exhibition and could have only had 300 ish people at peak.

Dignitas also stole pretty much every prize.

oh and we played COD4 on one of these, which was bizarre to say the least:

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Playing CoD4 after playing Far Cry 2 confused me, it was so quick and fast-paced compared to Far Cry 2. Especially in that weird bubble thing as well.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Far Cry 2 got 94% in PCG this month, really can't wait to play it. The dome thing looks pretty cool, though pretty impractical at home xD. Oh and damn Pier's mate for turning down WAR collector's edition, would have liked one of them xD (for the art book).

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

That bubble thing was pretty bizarre, and far too overpriced considering all it is is a half sphere frame covered in white plastic.

The exhibition I guess was better than the i34 one, but only really because just about all the games featured hadn't come out yet. All of the event was in the hall where the exhibition was held at i34, just split in two, with the lan party on the other side. Free stuff included The Guinness Book of Records Gamer's Edition, a PCGSD t-shirt, two magazines, a foam Darwinia thingy, some Rustler's junk and a load of flyers.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Oh shit, It's a group photo! With most of us looking really gay:

Left to Right: Bloo, Chazlene, Vicious Horizon, Friend of Wander, Ez64, Colonel Mitch.

My Battlelog

Not enough energy dumped into me on the second day it clearly shows

Shit >.< I was looking away, and now I look like a complete twat. -_-
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Thread Information