Thread: Mac..

Mac..

Well, I know the last 4 threads in this forum were by me, but I still would like some help x3

Well, a while ago my mum bought a cheap eMac from the college she works at, and well, with no decent computer to game with other than my Mum's laptop which overheats stupidly quick I would like to play some games on t3h eMac. I know about WINE and all this stuff, and I've looked at WINE, but I've got no idea how to download it let alone install it and get it running. Also, BootCamp etc. probably won't be an option unless my dad gives the all-clear. So, any suggestions or help would be cool.

Oh! Before I forget, the games I'm interested ATM are Counter Strike: Source, Half-life 2 and episodes, and Zombie Panic! Source (a HL2 mod)
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Re: Mac..

First of all you have to tell us what spec the eMac is as I doubt it will run even source games under WINE.

how do I find that out on OS X?

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMac#Specifications Thar you go.
    Last edited by Vicious Horizon; 12th October 2008 at 06:35 PM.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

If that's the right specification then keep dreaming. It says 64MB of VRAM, that's not enough for CSS let alone decent SourceMods. And bear in mind that when running on WINE or BootCamp, you wont get half of that.

Build yourself a decent comp, its not that expensive.

Ya that will come close to running source games even on the lowest possible settings on a windows setup but not the WINE emulation.
    Last edited by ez64; 12th October 2008 at 06:47 PM.

Hmm, k. And by the looks of it (And I have done some research) I can get a computer which is as good as Chaz's which is less expensive and also pre-built. So I'll keep saving for that :P

Ya PC hardware has gone down quite a bit and the specs for games have not jumped again yet.

Don't think it's worth making a new thread for it. But what do you guys think about this? It's what I have right now.
    http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.c...DUCT_ID=132404

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

It's got integrated graphics dude.... Won't run much with that. Spend £300-400 and get a decent desktop.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Ya dont go for laptops without dedicated cards and memory.

It cost £500 fyi :P And It used to be able to run Source games at max graphics perfectly, until one day it all went wrong for some reason

Thread Information