Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATK Server Manager Position

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

ATK Server Manager Position

Since my free time is getting less and less this year, I don't have time to manage the site, create videos and sort out all of the servers.

So, I am willing to appoint a trusted member of the Community with full access to manage specific servers. The TF2 public server is the server that most urgently needs a manager, since that has the most issues.

The "ATK Server Manager" position requires in depth knowledge and experience of the Source Engine, and you must have had at least one year of experience running CSS/TF2 servers.

Here is a quick outline of the privileges you would gain:

1. FTP to the server
    2. Access to the server panel to restart and edit files via a web FTP server
    3. Access to the "Admin only" forum
    4. Updated usergroup with "Server Manager" user title

Apart from being told what the server needs to be, the Server Manager would be free to install whatever he wants on the game server (within reason), making sure that all major changes and questions are directed at me.

If you are interested, please post below filling in the following template:

Amount of experience:
    Time available to run ATK servers:
    Servers run in the past (including for what games):
    The servers I would like to run:
    Why I want this position:

Please remember that you must be genuinely interested in running servers and still play the relevant game regularly. This is not an easy job, and requires someone who is willing to give over large amounts of free time for the benefit of the gamers using the servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: ATK Server Manager Position

I would do this, but dont have enough knowledge, will be your fall back option though.

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

I'd definately be willing to do this. I've been messing around with dedicated servers (SRCDS) on my machine for a while now so I know the basics, it would be great to learn first hand how to do this even though I would'nt know it all from the start.

I have a lot of time available, no worry there. Servers I have run on my machine (nothing seriously, but people have connected and played), are TF2 servers and a Left 4 Dead server. Servers I would like to run would probably be up to the community, but I would love to get TF2, Left 4 Dead, and maybe a CoWaW server (even though I have no experience with servers other than source).

I would like this position because it would be a great opportunity to learn about this sort of stuff, considering that I am doing a course on Computer Games at uni. Plus i find it interesting and I think the servers need more attention. Obviously if you think you need somebody with more experience then that's fine, but i'd love to give it a shot and you know you can trust me xD.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

I am in much the same position as Phantom, however I have less experience than him in managing Source servers, but have run 2 old clan servers (I'm talking before ATK old) and I've forgotten most of the stuff, but its easily re-learnt.

I think it goes without saying that id love to have a PR server, but again it's all down to the community.

I'd rather do this in partnership with someone, making it easier to cover for holidays and if one backup goes weird, then there is always a second copy available.

EDIT: Edited App.
    Last edited by VoX; 14th November 2008 at 09:50 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Midge18 Steam ID: Midge18

id quite happily join forces with sum1 like vox 2bh, ive managed too many servers in the past 3 years for css clans ive run/ been in, so i have the knowledge. i have quite a lot of free time seeing as my course isnt incredibly intense, and can easily do this during the hols too

I'm cool joining forces (god this sounds like the PR forum) with Midge.

Gamer IDs

I'd rather have one professional, hard working, knowledgable server manager as opposed to two inexperienced noobs who would squabble and muck things up. Remember people, two wrongs don't make a right.

Don't you agree Chalex? xD

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

But three rights make a left - and now it's on with the show!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=37obz2G7uas

Gamer IDs

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

i think i'd be better at this than clan leader tbh :P - ive been running servers for cs since it was good old 1.0, i know many commands, and have experience with ftp clients. Also i dont mind giving my fone number on here then anyone can jsut text me if a server goes down and i have unlimited mobile broadband on my fone with full internet browser and i can get an FTP client on it 2, mening that even when im out and about or doing other things i would ussually be in a position to have fixed a server within minutes of being informed it was down, although if that happened i might have to force everyone to try The hidden: Source. :P

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I have thought long and hard about this and have decided to award the Server Manager position to.......

PHANTOM

Congratulations!

He was accepted because he still plays all the games we run servers for, has a genuine interest in games and servers, shown by his University course, and is the most active on the forum, meaning he is more likely to be available in a crisis.

My reasons for turning down VoX are that he is not an avid TF2 player, and rarely even plays CSS. As a result of this, I worry that you wouldn't be motivated to continue regular management and testing of the servers. Midge was turned down because he is not as active on the forums as the others, and Colonel Mitchel because he doesn't own TF2 and already has responsibilities with the CSS team, which are important too.

Now, that doesn't mean to say that the rest of you won't get a look in, since Phantom will be starting with the 24 slot TF2 server before taking over all the servers. If he proves that he is up to the job in fixing and following up problems then he will be granted access to all the servers, if not, I may split the job into separate sections for different people to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Haha! In your fa... sorry xD.

Looking forward to fucking up your servers Chalex! Only joking lol.

But not really.

Phantom, get to work, stop showing off

First task, fix public by 4 o clock today, and just might earn a cookie mister.

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

jsut thought you should know that i do own TF2, ive owned it since 2 months before it came out twice over because i have ati graphics cards:P - you should try to be more active chalex, im a memebr of the tf2 clan xD, also i was offering the position of css leader to vicious horizon because tbh i dont have a particular free time i can guarantee ill be able to sit down and play anything, i do my best to get to tf2 training, but the last 2 ive missed, 1 was acanceled and 1 i got to with 10 mins left, abnd the css clan is kinda failing again and i lead kinda a busy life lol. simply ptressing a reset button while out and about on my fone isnt hard but i dont have time to commit to an hour a week at a set time really, like i said i do my best and the slot for tf2 training on sundays if pretty much the only time im not at work and am not out or busy lol. also if yove noticexd im posting in the morning :O. This is coz i ahvent slep yet and have jsut got in form a good night out lol
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 16th November 2008 at 10:19 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Here's an idea - Give me admin on HnS so I might go on it more, and so I can mute the shouting 5 year old Germans, who then tell the seekers where I am when they can't even shoot me when they look at me .

Thread Information