Left 4 Dead was released today. Me and Trigger were itching to come home from school to play it, luckily we both get out just after 1pm so we rushed home and started it up. We played with two bots, so with four people this will probably be even better, but from what I've played so far, Left 4 Dead is by far the best multiplayer game made (in terms of co-op anyway). We played almost five hours straight on the first campaign, including the two levels from the demo, on Expert (though we had to turn it down as it got too hard with two bots near the end).

It says something for a game when you can play it for five hours and not become bored with it, and we only completed one of the campaigns. The ammount of stuff that can happen is insane, there was a particularly hard part where you trigger a lift (no pun xD) which also triggers thousands of zombies, wave after wave. How you deal with these is up to you, given a limited ammout of ammo and special items. We found the best way was to trigger the lift and run back into the second floor of a house near a petrol station, let the horde run to us and as they climbed up, shoot a petrol tank at the station and the whole thing goes up in flames killing all the zombies. Then you can clean up and wait for the next wave, using a pipe bomb or two, then the last wave is just an insane shootout as you try to prevent zombies from climbing up, and rescuing anyone who gets caught by a hunter or smoker.

I won't spoil the final level, but it's as intense as you could get in a video game. You're waiting 15 minutes for a chopper (yes, you really can shout 'GET TO DA CHOPPA'), in the mean time gunning down wave after wave of zombies and tanks. So, five hours on three new levels, we restarted many times but it never got dull or repetitive. We'd have started another campaign but we were too exhausted xD. I can't wait to see what this is like with another two humans.

So, Valve have done it again, all you doubters can go fuck your uncles, because this is the best game in at least two years that I have played.