Thread: Left 4 Dead

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead was released today. Me and Trigger were itching to come home from school to play it, luckily we both get out just after 1pm so we rushed home and started it up. We played with two bots, so with four people this will probably be even better, but from what I've played so far, Left 4 Dead is by far the best multiplayer game made (in terms of co-op anyway). We played almost five hours straight on the first campaign, including the two levels from the demo, on Expert (though we had to turn it down as it got too hard with two bots near the end).

It says something for a game when you can play it for five hours and not become bored with it, and we only completed one of the campaigns. The ammount of stuff that can happen is insane, there was a particularly hard part where you trigger a lift (no pun xD) which also triggers thousands of zombies, wave after wave. How you deal with these is up to you, given a limited ammout of ammo and special items. We found the best way was to trigger the lift and run back into the second floor of a house near a petrol station, let the horde run to us and as they climbed up, shoot a petrol tank at the station and the whole thing goes up in flames killing all the zombies. Then you can clean up and wait for the next wave, using a pipe bomb or two, then the last wave is just an insane shootout as you try to prevent zombies from climbing up, and rescuing anyone who gets caught by a hunter or smoker.

I won't spoil the final level, but it's as intense as you could get in a video game. You're waiting 15 minutes for a chopper (yes, you really can shout 'GET TO DA CHOPPA'), in the mean time gunning down wave after wave of zombies and tanks. So, five hours on three new levels, we restarted many times but it never got dull or repetitive. We'd have started another campaign but we were too exhausted xD. I can't wait to see what this is like with another two humans.

So, Valve have done it again, all you doubters can go fuck your uncles, because this is the best game in at least two years that I have played.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Re: Left 4 Dead

I died on the chopper
    I DIED ON THE FUCKING CHOPPER AFTER 5 HOURS PLAY AND SO I DIDNT GET THE ACHEIVEMENT

But i was loveing every minute of it

So you have completed it, and tbh, what you posted makes me not want the game even more.

To me the game sounds like a mow down enemys, no real point in my own opinion.

But if you like it far enough, and most people seem to like it so, yes Valve have done it again, but i wont be buying it.

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeagle View Post
    So you have completed it, and tbh, what you posted makes me not want the game even more.

But if you like it far enough, and most people seem to like it so, yes Valve have done it again, but i wont be buying it.
    No1 we have completed 1 out of 4 Campaigns
    No2 Its a zombie game what do you expect?
    No3 Its all about what happens as your playing it, the laughs and shocks
    No4 Have you even tried it?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Sorry, but you're an idiot. Go fuck your uncle.

Have you even played the demo?

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

I love how Phantom has suddenly become really oric like on the forums.

I havent tried the demo, because i dont like zombie games, but again most people must, i am just bitter becuase

no left 4 dead = more tf2 updates

No need to go oric on my arse phantom, suprsingly that is orics job

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Id agree with the fact that Phantoms language is a tadge unneccesary,
    but the phrase dont knock it till you tried it comes into action here

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Well I tried the demo and liked it loads, reminded me a lot of 28 Days Later...

However I won't buy it yet, since I've just bought Far Cry 2, and I'm going to get Empire: Total War and HL2:EP3 when they come out, plus there's school work to be concentrating on.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

The cool thing is, a level is never the same twice due to the AI director, so you never know what's around the next corner
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    The cool thing is, a level is never the same twice due to the AI director, so you never know what's around the next corner
    But wasn't that one of the mass things of 3G Consoles/Games?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Haven't you ever played any of the Serious Sam games????

there AMAZING!

All that is is 1 or 2 player (more on pc on lan) running around a animated world slaughtering EVERYTHING IN SIGHT,. Doesht sound like muhc, eh? - TRY IT.

here are SOOO many enemies of sooo many different types and you get a ton of different weapons, whihc all work in pretty unique ways (as unique as you can get in an fps), and the games have sooo much variance in levels and its really long 2.

- yeah that is unicycle riding clowns holding tnt..

Oh, and also SS2 which is a few years old now is still beatiful in terms of graphics and can actually rival crysis on demands to the system when you turn the settings up.
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 18th November 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Thread Information