Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ACCEPTED] Dta*

[ACCEPTED] Dta*

Hello,

The name is Killem. I am inquiring to see if it would be possible
    to receive a sponsorship/ entree to your ATK Gaming Commmunity.
    DTA* is a Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 2007 based
    clan. I truly admire the structure and firm basis the ATK community illustrates
    in the Gaming industry. This is why I am seeking sponsorship from you.
    If possible I would like to know if ATK would sponsor the DTA* Clan in its
    UT endeavors, by providing the clan with a website/forum, in-game servers
    one for normal game play and one for clan matches and meetings, and if possible
    access to ventrillo or teamsspeak channel.

DTA* is a well respected Clan in the UT venues. We have been in existence since Nov. 1999. We started out in Unreal Tournament '99 and battled our way into UT 2004 and UT3 (UT2007). I as the leader of DTA* am a well respected individual in the UT world. I was also hand pick by Epic (Unreal Tournament Creators) to be an in-game official, in which it is my duties to spec out top ranked clans and establish tournaments and things of the sort. I have lead many clans in the past all being successful and many still alive and growing.
    DTA has also been recognized as No. 3 in Top Clans for UT 2004 from the date of Apr. 2005 to Jun. 2008. DTA is currently active in UT 2004 and UT3 (UT2007).

please consider my proposal, I believe that the DTA clan has a lot to offer the ATK Community and can bring even more respect and admiration to the community if the opportunity is permitted.

Please contact me at:

dtakillem@yahoo.com
    as soon as possible.

Thank you

DTA* Killem (Epic Official & Clan Leader)

Re: DTA*

Thank you for the application.

The ATK Community currently does not have and Unreal Tournament servers, however servers are not my business.

Your stats certainly are impressive and no doubt the leader of ATK (Chalex4) would want to talk to you in regards to what you can give to ATK and sort out a few things.

I will point out though, that we do not sponser any clans, we simply offer a teamspeak channel (or two) and provide a forum for the clan, however if this is what you are interested in then great.

Wait for Chalex's reply and see what he thinks.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Hi there. As Vox said, we don't provide sponsorship as such, but would be willing to support you as long as you, and your members, became active within the Community. We could provide you with a TS channel on our TS server which you will have CA in, and a sub-forum which you would have moderator in - here. Web hosting is only provided to the clans that remain active within the Community for quite a long time.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide you with any UT servers, but I can point you to www.directclanhosting.com who have the resources to host servers for you, for a small amount per month.

Let me know if you are interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Sorry to nitpick - but what is the source which provides the information that you are ranked No. 3 at UT2k4? What specific leagues do you participate in? Do you attend any lans in Europe? How many members are their in your clan? Does your clan have a minimum age? Have you ever won any prize money in tournaments?

If possible, could you provide answers to these questions, in order for us to process your application sooner.

EDIT - For those interested, his UT2k4 stats page is here

EDIT2 - Another question - Is this site linked to your DTA* clan at all, or just a coinsiding clan with the same initials?
    Last edited by Isphera; 4th December 2008 at 09:52 PM.

The site that you posted about is what use to be our old site.
    Since we went to UT3 that site was abandoned and the DTA* that shares
    our clan name now has control over it. So it has no relation to the DTA* Clan of
    UT3 and UT2K4. Due to the lack of consistency that UT3 presents I myself have
    chosen to return back to UT2004 so the stats you are seeing is what i have earned
    over the past 3 months I have started back playing. As you can see I have only been involved in 1200 or so matches since my return and earn those stats in the previous 3 months. I personally have not won any prize money, mainly due to the fact that the tournaments which I have participated in, grant rank instead of monetary satisfaction.
    DTA* does have a minimum age requirement, which is 18, which is partly the reason we are such a respected clan, being that of mature and professional individuals. Currently enrolled members we have 15, who play various hours, and are loyal to the clan and its allies. We contact any inactive members and let them no we either need a better attendance record for them or there tags will be admonished, along with there privileges as a member. I do not attend any Lan's in Europe, I live in USA. I have attended many Lans for UT here. many being successful. Ofcourse you have the occassional losses here and there but I took those as a learning experience. I living in the area of the creators headquarters had the privilege to attend a Lan party that they had. Thus my involvement with the Corporation. As far as leagues... there are no real official leagues in the UT venue. I am apart of the ICTF Game type mainly, and I am involved in others. I am a past Co-Leader, and have been brought on by many clans to re-establish a strong basis and leadership within the clan. I am also called upon in numerous instances to serve as a guest player in Clan matches do to my skill and reputation in the game. Unfortunately due to the UT2004 Website the Top Ranked Clans are changed periodically throught out the year.... they are posted on a Weekly, and Monthly basis. Our last record posted wuz in Jun. of this year. Since then we began UT3 or a mass basis. Our reputation is def. known on the UT circuit though feel free to ask.

Chalex... thank you for your hasty response. I am very interested in your gracious extension of your TS and Sub forum offer. I along with my members are more than willing to be active members of the community. Loyalty and longevity are a part of the DTA* Honor code and a quality that we strive to enhance and keep in possession. I do have a question... in becoming a member of the ATK Community would I along with my clan members be able to keep the DTA* tag or would we have to convert. Also would the Sub forum be devoted to DTA*?

Thank you all once again.
    And I truly do appreciate your hospitality. I hope that the DTA* Clan can become a part of your truly wonderful, and outstanding Community.

Thank you,

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Woooah, wall of text there.

"I hope that the DTA* Clan can become a part of your truly wonderful, and outstanding Community."

Hmm, I don't want to be rude, but something seems a bit.... fishy. Nevertheless, if this turns out to be real, then I welcome you all provided Chalex4 allows it.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

"I truly admire the structure and firm basis the ATK community illustrates in the Gaming industry" is the sentence in the first post which gave me the same feeling as you.

and the TS has gone down too. Liscence agreement issue. Are you sure this wasn't just a trap?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    Are you sure this wasn't just a trap?
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

what V-Bewb man said.

Ya this looks like a trap for something and it was written in such a way that gives it away.

Killem, are you able to prove any of what you have claimed here?

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Killem had nothing to do with the Teamspeak issues. DCH has told me that there was a mix up with IP addresses, and billing with the Teamspeak company.

I am still considering his application.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

lol. i was wondering how i would of affected you teamspeak thing... lol
    i wuz like huh?? hope everything works out.

yeah, sorry for unfair accusation.

Thread Information