Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Fallout 3

I'm bored, so I decided I'd post up a few screenshots of my current favourite game... Fallout 3. The background and setting can be depressing, and playing it does make you feel very alone. But the tragedy has really brought the game to life for me, and most of the screenshots I take reflect that.

That's my dog, Dogmeat, and my character. Sporting a leather armour and an assault rifle. Behind me are a highway and the remains of Washington DC.

The National Mall, off screen behind my character is the Washington and Lincoln Memorials. In Front is the Capitol building where congress met... once. Now the only meetings there involve guns and blood.

These two screenshots should give you the scale of the place, I could walk to the far end of those screenshots and probably much further, a lot of it is quite unpopulated, towns are small and spread thin. Out in the wastes you truly are alone. And it's so very atmospheric: the music, the sounds around you, the size, the sheer scale, along with the plot, really really pulls this off well.

And lastly, my character in a bar. I've spent plenty of times just sitting there, listening to the radio, which plays a mixture of 1950's music (Inkspots "I don't want to set the world on fire." is my favourite), public service announcements and news, usually about something I've done.

It's just simply... stunning to play, its plays on its theme well, the world is a cruel place, and the best ending you can hope for is always bittersweet.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: Fallout 3

Yup, got this on Monday, been playing it loads, very very good. There are quite a few texture mods that you can download, I'll try to get some screenshots of mine up.

EDIT: I just discovered this radar station. Quite a view from up there eh? (Click here for 1920x1200 xD)

Last edited by Calneon; 5th December 2008 at 09:11 PM.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Looks awesome, do you prefer it to Far Cry 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Far Cry 2 sucks in comparison.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Looks awesome, do you prefer it to Far Cry 2?
    By far, put it this way, some games make you feel like you're there (Far Cry 2, Crysis.. etc), others make you *want* to be there. Fallout 3 is the latter, an accomplishment for a game set in an irradiated wasteland.

And Phantom, that it soooo odd, I just quit my game and... was at a radar station! By the way, I suggest going to the Scrapyard, it's south of a place called Minefield and quite far north-east of Vault 101. It has something special, I assure you.

Nice pics guys

Im really liking fallout 3, best thing so far has been all the moral choices. For example i rescued a kid from giant ants then was looking for a place for him to live but whilst looking i found a settlement that needed being protected so i jumped in and saved them.
    Then after that i found a slave camp: the leader asked if i knew a ready source of slaves and would i be able to get any children for him (Spooky i know)

Have a guess what i did

Gamer IDs

Used your Fat Boy on the slaver camp. Because you're a nice person xD.

Lol as if, I bet you rounded up them slaves and sent them to their D0000M!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Have a guess what i did
    When I went to the slaver camp, I err... I think I talked to one guy. But then I went in guns blazing, killing every last damn slaver. I rescued all the slaves I could (there was one crazy old man who wouldn't go...) and felt good about myself. Because I got to keep all their munitons and medical supplies, and also managed to combine mass homocide with being a hero.

But i'm guessing you're not quite the white (but very bloody) knight and sold the kid to see what it's like? :P

Close, i couldnt sell the kid off for some reason ( It was his eyes, his dam sobbing eyes) found him a home instead so to balance this off i went and caught 4 people instead though 1 still averts me grrrr

Oh and then headed to the local Brothel

...You must be the perfect dude. Walk the middle path brother!

I have this game, and havent even scratched the surface, a amazing game and it will bring me joy for many more months

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

I might give the game a look. I've heard some good things about it.

You guy's don't get half of the jokes though :P Being a massive massive massive massive massive massive fan of the series I found Fallout 3 to be absolutely amazing, bethesda really have brought this game alive.. Guess which game I'm getting first when I get a new 'puter

This game is absolutely huge... and I sooooooo want to get my own copy, not just playing it at a friends
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

It's not as big as Oblivion in terms of map size actually. Doesn't detract anything, just pointing it out. I found the slaver camp you were on about Trigger, gonna go get me a slave xD.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    You guy's don't get half of the jokes though :P
    I don't? There is a great line in the quest All Trouble on the Home Front, it goes something like: "You're a hero, and, you have to leave." Or those lovely intelligence increasing mints "Mentats", heck thats not even mentioning the Alien Blaster! :P

But yes, it's funny how a series with such rose-tinted glasses applied to it is actually liked by many of the jaded old men who always think it was better in the old days.

Thread Information