Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left 2 Dead

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Left 2 Dead

Yeah, so we had an epic Left 4 Dead game on the level Dead Air. This is a write up, done while hyped up on coka cola and adrenline, i'm sorry if I continued to say "We did this. We did this. I did that." etc. I would lavishly spend more time on to make it better, but Marshy is pestering to post it now.

So we had done two campaigns on Normal, the only logical solution is to do one on Advanced. It’s safe to say we’re not ready for Expert, yet.
    There was Marshy, the tough war veteran who probably fought in 'nam (and the great zombie crisis of '57), DarkPigeon, the token black guy who had a penchant for laughing manically at the worst possible moments (don't ask), me as the college girl who points out the obvious all the time and VoX our tattooed, but somewhat trigger happy, biker dude.
    So ya'know, your usual night out.
    We had to get to the airport to escape, the only thing between us and it was a horde of infected. We set out. It was going well until we were outside of a museum or something; I threw a pipe bomb that set off the car alarm... that set off the horde. While Marshy protested violently and said I was a moron for it, Vox was loving it. Pigeon probably laughed in his typical crazed manner. Marshy responded to the oncoming horde pouring from the museum with a well placed Molotov, making the horde of zombies run through fire to reach us and promptly fall at our feet, burning. It was symbolic in a morbid way. After that we continued, I can't say I was great at the whole killing zombies’ part, but I did do A LOT of rescue, so uhmm team player here. Thankfully no one used a medikit on me because according to a reliable source, it looks like rape, apparently.
    We continued and after a close shave with most of us nearly dying and VoX alerting a god damned Witch AND a horde we were looking in rough shape. Pigeon comforted us though, well everyone except Marshy, by laughing a lot. It proved infectious, rather like the zombie plague mind you, and we all started laughing. Our group managed to get to the third safe houses (which are surprisingly common and well equipped). The graffiti was pretty funny as well, someone made an ominous statement on the wall that “We are the real monsters”, a later poster said he was pretty sure the zombies were, and a third poster wrote meekly in small font that he missed the internet. Aww.
    After that we went through the airport, having to convince VoX that walking through an airport security metal detector was a silly idea when highly armed and surrounded by zombies. Smokers and Hunters continued to try and grab VoX, Marshy commented that perhaps they thought he was an attractive young man, I personally think it’s some celestial karma for all his damned friendly fire. Eventually we escaped, but not before finding where all the lost luggage goes in the airport (no really, it’s real, we all saw it with our own eyes). Another safe house was found and we quickly got into it, patched up, laughed manically and moved on.
    There was a military transport plane at the runway, but it needed filling up, every single one of has a bad feeling about this. As soon as we set the truck up to fill the plane what must have been the hugest horde we had ever seen (until the next horde came). The battle was on. Smokers pulled stray members but they were rescued, hunters jumped on some but they were punted. A tank attacked and well, we were in dire straits, nearly everyone had been knocked to yellow health and only I had a medikit left (which err, I completely forgot about, go figure). The second tank was the one that did us in, Pigeon was knocked down first, though he was laughing, then VoX was doing an epic poser moment but was finally brought low. Marshy and I were fine thankfully; until a Smoker pulled me away and the crowd of infected me to the floor. Pigeon died, so did VoX, I nearly did until Marshy rescued me. At this point the tanker had filled the plane and the Captain told us to get onboard. So we did.
    Well, if it was that easy it’d be anticlimax wouldn’t it? I ran Marshy was right behind me! I was on the plane, and then I turned around and... Infected were mobbing Marshy, he was screaming to just leave him behind, but nope, he fired them with his pistol and I, with my remaining carbine ammo helped him out, helped him up, and help in on the plane. We were safe, but Marshy was only on one Health, so close call. All round. We were out of there. Except we left 2 dead.

Bugger.

EDIT: There were other highlights of course, but I can't remember them. If anyone who played felt they were misrepresented, fuck you and post your own write-up.
    Last edited by Bloo; 1st January 2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: I just DID. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?

Re: Left 2 Dead

It was epic tbh, we have to play verses sometime :P

Fucking women!

Was an epic start, nice one all. (But next time put that fking canister down DP!)

That bloody canister i was getting pissed off about that, finally i threw it off a clif and shot it half way down. :]

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

You don't know the meaning of epic until you've played L4D with me and Trigger xD.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    You don't know the meaning of epic until you've played L4D with me and Trigger xD.
    Sure we do, games are always more epic when the players are inept, not skilled.

Oh yeh for example DP "but guys please no i love it, its my canister no NO!!"

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Or a mix of both

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

I really want L4D now
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

lol you post this but not about my valiant encounter with the horde, its blatantly cause I pwned all of you in infection kills =D

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    So we had done two campaigns on Normal, the only logical solution is to do one on Advanced. It’s safe to say we’re not ready for Expert,
    Pure fail, you havent experienced L4D till u do it on Expert, thats when the shit hits the fan, you can do advanced by yourself

Oh and Me and Phantom started it on expert by ourselves, THAT was an awesome game, though im glad to see your enjoying it

I love that saying Trig XD
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Pure fail, you havent experienced L4D till u do it on Expert, thats when the shit hits the fan, you can do advanced by yourself
    It's good to see modesty still exists in the world.

Yeah, the next game was a laugh as well, DarkPigeon carried a gas cannister around for most of it, he somewhat Companion Cubeafied it. The only thing that could top that was the amount of cries of "Francis!", VoX wasn't controlling his shots that well.

But I stand by my statement, I don't wanna play a game with anyone who claims they're uber at Left 4 Dead, because they'd just be dull to fight alongside. :P

Like, I hate playing L4D with my mate Jacob, because he just sprints to the exit, and doesn't bother sitting there for a few minutes just to check there's nothing around the next corner. I love playing it scary-time XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    But I stand by my statement, I don't wanna play a game with anyone who claims they're uber at Left 4 Dead, because they'd just be dull to fight alongside. :P
    I never mentioned i was "Uber", just really really good. I think theres something a lot more satisfieing when 4 players work seamlessly as a team, covering, shooting and all the other jazz well, with the occasional funny hiccup mind u. Instead of always having to babysit the random player that decides to walk around the corner into a boomer when you told him he was there.

Plus doing somthing well gives me a good feeling as it should, instead of bumbling around, Meh call me Elitist of what not. But if i play anything, i do it to win AND have a good time whilst playing.

Though it did take me and phantom over 3 hours to complete dead air on our first time around

Thread Information