Thread: The about ATK page

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

The about ATK page

Sorry chalex i always niggle to myself about how you always have a way of making things read less stunningly than usual :P i dont ususally voice this to anone other than chris or freddie, but i thought this time id post a revision of the new about page - its all the same stuff but ive changed some of the wording and grammar to make it sound more interesting and tantalising - dont get mad

About ATK

The Aim to Kill Community was founded in December of 2006 by Alexander Campbell (Chalex4), as a clan he had run for a few years called BRS expanded from just Counter-Strike : Source. We are a UK based community although any English speakers are welcome join. Joining the Community is 100% free and donations or subscriptions are completely voluntary. If you are interested in joining, please click here - the community looks forward to welcoming you!

Until June 2007 you might have known us as the C2G Community, however we changed our name after a sponsorship deal fell through. Since, we have been the ATK Community! We have continued to grow exponentially with our unique visitor statistics doubling almost every month. At the end of 2008, we had reached 11,288,206 hits in total, with well over 1.6 million hits for November and December in 2007 and 2008. If our current trends continue, we should reach over 6 million hits in December 2009 alone.

People often get confused with the difference between a community and a clan. The simple answer is that clans play matches and are usually focused on a single game. As a community we welcome all players of any game, and suport players by offering advice along with free to play public servers, and match servers wherever possible for our most popular games. If there is demand for a new server in a different game, we always try to get one. We allow clans to join the Community, also free of charge, and use our resources to help them get into the gaming scene. In 2008 we also setup official gaming teams within the Community, as some players were missing the competitiveness of playing their favourite games against frineds.

Many members from other communities never meet up in real life; we believe that this is an important part of being a community, for spreading the word about us and our sponsors, and having a great time. This is why we now are regulars at UK based LAN parties, or Festivals of Gaming as some are now called. In August of 2007 we went to Multiplay’s i31 at Newbury Racecourse with 6 members from the Community. It was a booming success, and as a result 15 members of the community attended i34 in summer 2008 for the long weekend. The i-series events always have at least 1,000 gamers attending and with exhibitions, presentations and competitions it is always a fun-packed event!

Over 2008 we introduced many new features to the Community, includng a newer site design, the ATK Cinema, ATK Gaming Nights (every Friday 8-10pm), ATK prize draws and advertising spaces throughout the site. As ATK moves into 2009 we are bigger and better than ever before, and have high hopes for the coming year. As always, if you have any suggestions we are happy to hear them here.

We would not be where we are today without the generous support of our excellent sponsors, Direct Clan Hosting and UK Web.Solutions Direct. They have provided us with a firm base from which we have expanded, and can further expand into new and exciting areas. If you're looking for game servers or web hosting, we highly recommend that you take a look at their respective sites.

Whether you are in a clan or just a casual gamer you will not regret joining the ATK Community today!
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 1st January 2009 at 09:42 PM.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Re: The about ATK page

I have moved this to the suggestions forum where it is more relevant.

It's nice to have some feedback on the about page, and I will have a look now to see the major areas I need to address. However, I won't just be copying and pasting yours, since some parts are not to my taste. Sorry .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Thats fine, but i think when anyone (not just me or you) complains about this sort of stuff, we should point out specifically what should be changed and why it should be changed.

lol as if you had spare time to type all that, u culd have been doing something productive like wanking :P

Gamer IDs

Right, I have taken into consideration your suggestions Mitch and an updated version is now live!

Gamer IDs

Your a massive noob lol.
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 1st January 2009 at 11:28 PM.

Gamer IDs

My bad, fixed.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    Your a massive noob lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    My bad, fixed.
    Lol you cant fix that - your gunna b that way for life my friend....

Gamer IDs

Haha, the wonders of the edit tool. Thankfully:

My post was posted:
    Today, 10:15 PM
    And:

Last edited by Colonel Mitch; Today at 10:28 PM.
    I win, noob .

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Haha, the wonders of the edit tool. Thankfully:

My post was posted:

And:

I win, noob .
    I just added a full stop.....