Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 9000 WiP

Hybrid View

Beretta 9000 WiP

Started it tonight, might Compile eventually to CSS if I have the time.. only 2,000 polies, mightly up to 3000 or go really high and not compile, I dunno.. but it's only the base, not a great amount of accuracy or detail at the moment

Re: Beretta 9000 WiP

Looks really nice, I wish i could do that kinda thing

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeagle View Post
    Looks really nice, I wish i could do that kinda thing
    Pretty much what I was going to say, it's great. How long does stuff like that take you, and where would I look if I wanted to learn the techniques etc? Are there decent tutorial sites like there are for Photoshop? I assume it was done in 3DS Max.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Pretty much what I was going to say, it's great. How long does stuff like that take you, and where would I look if I wanted to learn the techniques etc? Are there decent tutorial sites like there are for Photoshop? I assume it was done in 3DS Max.
    +1 Please

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Nice work phil next you should try some zombie skins ;P

Turbo smooth that and you shouldnt need to bump the poly's up too far to have it looking really nice.

Ill post some screenies of my uni projects/texture's soon.
    Last edited by ez64; 4th January 2009 at 12:51 AM.

*Downloads 3DS Max trial if there is one*

I looks awesome dude
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Yeah it was all 3ds max, a lot of the tutorials are high res videos and one was 180mb, I got them from www.fpsbanana.com, if you go to the tutorials section, then cs:s then modelling they have a lot, but I'll make one here if you'd like.

I don't know how long it took me, it was just from about 8.00 - 11.00 with breaks and going on l4d briefly, so maybe 1 - 2 hours? This was the first time I've done modelling with a plane, instead of a box so I was a bit cautious but I think it turned out nicer.

Me and one of my Mates Make Models for Arma, quite like that but whole People Etc, ill show some of them as well when i have time

Nice work Ihazard

A WIP of the Glock I started, and I should really finish it but there's no motivation really lol. First attempt at a model (using a tutorial) not using standard primitives but using planes.

For those that are looking at starting this, don't shell out cash for 3Ds Max, try GMax, it's a cut-down version on 3Ds Max that (IIRC) was made by Autodesk (The makers of 3Ds Max) but is no longer supported by them, there are a fair few add-ons for it though and iirc, there are ones to allow import to CSS/BF2.

For tutorials, check out HERE, it's the modding tutorials section on the PR forums, but you might have to shift through the ones there are for mapping, I'll have a look for the Glock tutorial I'm using, and the Beretta tutorial that I think Ihazard might be using (or he might just be 1337.)

Oh, and it's not something that you pick up easily, this is the interface for 3Ds Max, Gmax has a slightly simpler (and greener) one.

I'll put up a Show Your Models thread for everyone to show off some 3D goodness.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Nice models guys, although 3DS Max can be used for more than just pistols. :P

Despite being the arty-farty member of ATK, I've never had any will to do modelling. Skinning on the other hand... I should really post up some of my M2:TW reskins.

Since we've starting modelling now, how about getting Siepie bac in ATK and making a game mod?
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

yeah pistols are just easy to model, well, relatively, I'm making a M82 at the moment (Barrett 50. cal)

A mod is a lot of work.. weapons, skins, levels, player models, animations, rigging, coding, compiling.. :0

OFFTOPIC: Hazard, do you want to join the ATK CSS team? We're looking for people who'll turn up once a week, which we're struggling to do at the moment =/
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

err yeah sure, I'm on quite a lot, though bear in mind im not the best css player in the world :-/

Neither am I, I'll link to the topic with the server we'll be on tonight, think you can turn up at 5:45 this evening?

Thread Information