Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Show Your Models/Textures Thread

Re: Show Your Models/Textures Thread

Judging by no replies I'll assume noone cares but for the sake of it, here it is finished.

And the texmap;

Yeah, few things are off but I'll come back to it possibly when I've learnt a lot more.

Nice, it's lookin' good
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Sorry for not replying, I have been following your progress. It looks like you've done a very nice job there.

Seeing as I have absolutely no idea how you do something like this, do you make everything in photoshop then just apply it to each of the flat surfaces?
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Hehe, thanks .

You give the model an UnwrapUVW modifier where you place each of the faces into the TexMap and get a simple outline as to where each of the elements are, the point of this is to get it all in as close as possible with as little wasted space possible (Otherwise you're increasing overall filesize, whilst one file isn't to much of a diff, it all adds up) (I'll upload a blank one when I have a bit more time, although not done by me, I still need to fully learn how to do all that so I just used the one supplied with the model and to keep things easy when referencing what was what with the video.)

From there you open that "template" as it were, in Photoshop, lay down your base textures for each of the materials used (Plastic and metal in the glocks case, I fail at plastic though =/) and mask them around where they should be. From there, add the relevant details (I used dodge + burn to place light etc and 1px brushes with scattering for scratches and damage).

Do all that, save as a .jpeg and apply to the model as a diffuse map, then get the texture and set alphas on parts that should be shiny, save as a .tga file so that the alpha channels can be read, and apply that as a specular map. That's all I've learnt so far, after I've done the next tutorial (AK) I'll look into normal maps, which I think add depth but not 100%.

Thread Information