Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statistics, Bans and Admins

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Statistics, Bans and Admins

Making servers more popular is never easy to do, so Phantom and I have spent the last few days working hard to sort out some systems that should tempt more people to use ATK's servers.
    • Firstly, we have sorted out some web statistics for the TF2 server, with the rankings using the same system as on the server itself. This can be found here: http://tf2stats.atkcommunity.com/ .

• On popular servers, banning people is a regular activity, so we needed a proper system to deal with this. We are now using Sourcebans to globalise our bans between our public CSS and TF2 servers. The admins are also all managed through this system, so it is possible to ban people without even being on the server, as well as allowing people to protest about being banned. Look here: http://bans.atkcommunity.com/ .

We will also be adding proper rankings to the CSS server in the near future, with the possibility of using heatmaps for the TF2 server too.

The server admins are also being updated, here are our current admins and the public servers they have admin on:
    • Chalex4 (CSS & TF2)
    • Phantom (CSS & TF2)
    • Darkeagle (CSS & TF2)
    • Trigger (CSS & TF2)
    • Vox (CSS & TF2)
    • Oricalcos (CSS)
    • Target (CSS & TF2)
    • Colonel Mitch (CSS & TF2)
    • D_K_Head (CSS & TF2)
    • ez64 (CSS & TF2)

If you are not on the list above and think you deserve admin, please post below, including what server you need it for. Oricalcos doesn't have admin for the TF2 because he doesn't play the game, so if you don't play one of the games above that you have admin on please let me know.

• If you don't know how to access the admin on the server, simply type "sm_admin" into the console. If you want to bind a key to it, just type "bind p sm_admin".
    • To access your admin here http://bans.atkcommunity.com/, simple click "Login" in the top right with your forum username. If you don't know your password, please PM me.

To deal with all of these extra features ATK offers, I have completely rewritten the main navigation bar above (just below the header). It now includes dropdowns in logical sections so that everything should be much easier to find. This allowed me to remove the smaller buttons bar as well, which I'm sure most of you will be happy about.

I'm interested to hear your opinions on all this below, and I will keep you posted with anything else that is improved!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: Statistics, Bans and Admins

Good idea Chalex, puts us on the way to a more structured Community..
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Just a note to all admins, you can:

• Kick
    • Slay
    • Ban
    • Unban
    • Map change
    • Run configs
    • Admin chat
    • Start votes

These options are restricted for you:

• Change cvars
    • Password server
    • RCON
    • Enable Cheats

Basically, I don't trust some of you with the more serious admin privelages. If you prove that you are responsible we may give you additional privelages as time goes on.

New menu looks awesome too Chalex, good job.

EDIT: Ok, Chalex said we should all trust you to with the banstick, so you can all ban and unban now. However, abuse it and lose it .
    Last edited by Calneon; 9th April 2009 at 12:49 PM.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Yay I Can Ban Noobs - without even being at home

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

Hmm, id think i deserve admin, i play both css/tf2 altho i dont really play css that much
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

Gamer IDs

I'm fine with you having admin Mr. Big, it would be great if you could post your SteamID here too by typing "status" into console .

Gamer IDs

Okay, we have just finished setting up the Psychostats for the GunGame server! Your rank can be found out in-game using the usual "rank" commands, as well as on this web interface, where more information like accuracy is found:

http://ggstats.atkcommunity.com/index.php

The stats are updated hourly, since they are a lot more complex than your usual statistics.

Could i have admin for tf2 Please? I don't have CSS so i wouldn't need it for that.
    Phantom said my last signature was a bit gay so i replaced it with this........

Gamer IDs

Mr.Big I found your SteamID and now you have admin (once servers are reset). I have PMed you your password for http://bans.atkcommunity.com/ (username is same as forum).

Again Zealous, I can do that for you no problem. I do need your SteamID though, and PM me the password you want please.

EDIT: Ah, I see you're on the TF2 server now Zealous.

I added you as an admin for TF2 and your password for http://bans.atkcommunity.com/ is sent to you in a PM.

ADMIN FUK YEH!!!! Only taken 2yrs to get to woop

Could you shove me on trial for the GunGame server on CSS? I'd like a chance to show myself as being trustworthy, if you want reasons as to why I'd be a good candidate just shout
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

These options are restricted for you:

• Change cvars
    • Password server
    • RCON
    • Enable Cheats
    theres no real reason for us to have them anyway so they should stay off for everyone apart from people doing maintenance.

Thanks chalex!
    Phantom said my last signature was a bit gay so i replaced it with this........

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Could you shove me on trial for the GunGame server on CSS? I'd like a chance to show myself as being trustworthy, if you want reasons as to why I'd be a good candidate just shout
    Yeah that's fine, you have all the details now.

...I feel a disturbance, in the master server... it is as if many players cried out in unison, "FUCK NO", and were silenced.

Thread Information