Thread: Grenade Trails

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Grenade Trails

Ok, I was going to put a plugin on the gungame server that added trails to grenades for a bit of fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8_dg0BVLiE

But Chalex said I have to create a thread to ask you people in the community what you think before I do anything. He thinks that it would make it even harder to hit people with grenades but I think because you already have unlimited grenades it won't make much difference.

Thoughts?

BTW: I was being patronizing, i'm not Chalex's bitch.

EDIT: Also, What about 1v1 knife fights. When there is a 1v1 situation players have the option of engaging in a knife fight.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=690260
    Last edited by Calneon; 9th April 2009 at 06:21 PM.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Re: Grenade Trails

I like the nades

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I really like the idea of the 1v1 knife fights, they would probably make gungame much more interesting.

The grenade trails aren't completely terrible, they would certainly be fun. I just hope that it doesn't mean people can run out of the way every time because of it being so easy to see. If that's not the case, then I'm all for both these mods .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

I support the nades, but not the 1v1, go ahead imo.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

A go ahead for both ideas from me which counts as like uh 100 votes i think

Gamer IDs

Ok they should both now be added to the server, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to test them out however.

I think the nade trails would be a bad idea, to be entirely honest. Its not that nades aren't visible, they are... but a bright red trail would ATTRACT attention, and also show exactly where the nading player is. Since nades kind of require stealth, I just think it'd screw with the balance a bit.

Pretty pointless really, an like D K said ur just makin it even harder to get nade kills,can't see the point in just constantly addin pointless mods to the server it works perfectly as it is and you didnt exactly give us much time to reply before you added them to the server.

It's a game, and a mess-about server too, if we add a techno radio station to the server, add a mod to make all bullets look like neon trails etc. then we're all set XD
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 7@rg37 View Post
    Pretty pointless really, an like D K said ur just makin it even harder to get nade kills,can't see the point in just constantly addin pointless mods to the server it works perfectly as it is and you didnt exactly give us much time to reply before you added them to the server.
    It's just as easy to remove them as it is to add them, and I think we need something extra if we're to attract newer people. It's the CSS night tonight so you can see what you think there. Also, please tell me which maps you don't like and what maps you would like added to the server.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

No to the nade trails, but yes to the 1v1 knife IF it is optional when it happens. I don't wanna be forced into a knife fight with 5HP when the other guy has 100HP.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    No to the nade trails, but yes to the 1v1 knife IF it is optional when it happens. I don't wanna be forced into a knife fight with 5HP when the other guy has 100HP.
    Both players get an option to accept or decline the knife fight when it's 1v1, and both have to say yes. Also, if you both accept your health gets increased to 100 regardless of what it was before.

The nade trails dont really make that much different but we can try some diff stuff out tnite at the gaming nite nyways :P

Thread Information