Thread: Connecting to ATK Servers

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Connecting to ATK Servers

We've all been in the situation where Steam decides to wipe all of our saved server favourites. Not only is this annoying, but many times you will never find the server again.

This is why ATK has created customised Game Menu files for use with CSS and TF2. They allow all players to connect to their favourite ATK servers quickly and easily.

1. CSS

Click here for larger
    Version: 1.0
    Last Updated: 10/04/09

There are two different versions, with the one shown above being for those of you that use the match server (no password required) as well as the public servers (this is called "Match"). The other version called "Public" lists just our public CSS servers.

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download the relevant file: CSS Public GameMenu.res | CSS Match GameMenu.res (Right click > Save As).
    2. Place the above in the following directory (based on default Steam installation, adjust for your install path): CProgram Files\Steam\steamapps\account\counter-strike source\cstrike\resource where account is your Steam login name.

By default you won't be overwriting another GameMenu.res file, but if you have an existing version, simply rename it to GameMenu.res.old to safely back it up.

==================================================

2. TF2

Click here for larger
    Version: 1.0
    Last Updated: 10/04/09

There are two different versions, with the one shown above being for those of you that use the match server (no password required) and SourceTV server as well as the public servers (this is called "Match"). The other version called "Public" lists just our public TF2 servers.

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download the relevant file: TF2 Public GameMenu.res | TF2 Match GameMenu.res (Right click > Save As).
    2. Place the above in the following directory (based on default Steam installation, adjust for your install path): CProgram Files\Steam\steamapps\account\team fortress 2\tf\resource where account is your Steam login name.

By default you won't be overwriting another GameMenu.res file, but if you have an existing version, simply rename it to GameMenu.res.old to safely back it up.

==================================================

To uninstall simply delete the GameMenu.res file from the particular "resource" folder and your games will revert to the standard menus after being re-launched.

Enjoy them - if you have any suggestions let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

Re: Connecting to ATK Servers

nice, how did you find this out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

LoL if u click on the image it doesn't make it bigger, in fact am sure it makes it smaller

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

Quote Originally Posted by 7@rg37 View Post
    LoL if u click on the image it doesn't make it bigger, in fact am sure it makes it smaller
    the link below the images is for making them bigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

oh wow Chalex, nice work ^^,
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

I guess this could save a few clicks, but it does seem rather pointless to me. We have the IPs of all servers on the website and its not hard to add them to favourites. Anyway, i didn't even know you could do this so well done for finding out.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

If we get it added to some mods which we use on the server, through sponsorships etc. Then when they install the mod, they get that thing, and so they'll use our servers :P

Think it's feasable? (sp?)
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

I found out about this from some of the sites I regular on, and thought ATK could do with a menu too.

Phantom, you may not like the idea now, but I've been running the new menus for the last few days and they make it so much easier to join our servers, especially because I have too many favourites. Anyway, it's a good system to have now just in case we add more servers in the future.

In terms of auto-downloading the new menu to players on the server, I would say that it's probably possible. I don't know how to do it with Sourcemod without looking around, but I'm sure Phantom would have some ideas if we decided to do that. Personally though, I think most people would get annoyed with some "random" server appearing there!

How many of you are running the new ATK menu ?

Yh, Cheers for that, works really well, maybe get it as a download when people join our server? lol

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    In terms of auto-downloading the new menu to players on the server, I would say that it's probably possible. I don't know how to do it with Sourcemod without looking around, but I'm sure Phantom would have some ideas if we decided to do that. Personally though, I think most people would get annoyed with some "random" server appearing there!
    No way, i'd hate to join a server and the quit to notice i now have two new options on my menu and have no idea how to remove them. Possibly an ingame command that you type but i can't see anyone doing it.

Also, I never said I didn't like the idea, i just said it seemed rather pointless, for me at least, but I only have a few favourites for each mod.

I'm with phant here. Wolfenstein servers sometimes had a download which altered your main screen, and it made me spit teeth every time I had to go into the files and delete these randoms addons after going into a random.

Gamer IDs

I did say I was against the idea, but there's no stopping Darkeagle when he wants people to join our TF2 server lol .

Speaking of Darkeagle, has anyone else actually installed it yet?

well i cba duin this chalex u can set it up on all r pc's at i37 then we will look epic :P

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 7@rg37 View Post
    well i cba duin this chalex u can set it up on all r pc's at i37 then we will look epic :P
    When we all leave our PCs we'll all have to leave them on the TF2 menu screen for all to see

Looks good, I'll grab the TF2 ones and give them a go.

Thread Information