Thread: Atk V Nub

Atk V Nub

Well, We were missing two of our main players, calling in a newbie and a very sarcastic Mitch to take there place. It didnt seem like it was going to be a good match.

Granary

DK - Scout/Pyro
    DE - Scout
    DP - Soldier
    Marshy - Soldier
    Mitch - Demoman
    Zelous - Medic

We used a new system of a defensive and offensive soldier giving DP the license to roam and Marshy the job of defending the medic. The first point we lost, quite quickly infact, and this looked like it would be the tone of the night. But the second round improved amazingly. Winning the middle point, we obliterated there team as we steam rolled the second point as well. Working well as a team with both soldiers getting good levels of kills, + some nice takeouts of key targets from DK and me lead to us winning that round. 1-1

Then things took a turn for the worst. Zelous had some steam troubles that led us to having 5 men. Without a medic we got crushed, obviously and the other team did not let us stop the match. This i thought was very unfair.

Zelous came back and we battled well, getting some good kills. The final score being 4-2 but really should have been 3-2, a close game.

Well Cp

I am not going to judge our team on this game, we lost marshy, they wouldnt let us stop play, so we just tried our best and, yes we did play well, but we did loose. Im not counting that map what so ever.

Overall

We played well, without two of our best players, and you showed me what you can do if your motivated. Really good work and i enjoy playing another match with you soon.

Special Mention

DP - Great work, never played as well, topping our charts with great kills
    Marshy - First time player, really played well and wants to learn
    Mitch - Amazing shot at the heavy on well

Player Of the Week

This is a tough call, with the two soldiers both really impressing me for different reasons. Dp played the best he has ever played, but marshy did great for a first timer. There can be only one winner so that is

DP

Well done DP

Thanks for reading

Darkeagle
    Last edited by Darkeagle; 13th April 2009 at 11:44 AM.

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Re: Atk V Nub

Was it Marshy who's Game crashed? I was sitting on your TS for a bit that day, sounded like alot of fun.. I might get TF2 in May =D
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Great job guys, I think Deri's post may have helped loads as you seem to be taking some strategies from it. Keeping one soldier with the medic at all times to defend against scouts is a good idea, then we have the other scout/soldier/demoman scouting and flanking the enemy positions. Shame Zealous had to leave or you could have done quite well.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Yeah, defending vital players is one of those things that makes a huge difference.
    i.e. Yesterday on Quake Live, every time I got the enemy flag, there was noone defending me on my team full of noobs, so I got to the stairs to my flag and got nerfed. When I played on a better team, I scored every time due to just one person drawing the fire away from the big red flag.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

was a good game but i think we do need to practice on cp_well a bit more

anyway i do prefer the offensive soldier so i can take more risks and do more damage which i felt i done much better this time around

No it was my internet it had a spaz.

Good match though

It was a really fun and great game! I still have no idea why tf2 crashed it's never happened to me before. The new strategy worked really well because I found myself not dying as much and everyone stayed close to me so I could heal them. But I think the defensive soldier needs to stick to me like glue a bit more, because those pesky scouts kept running behind us and attacking me. But overall everyone played great and it was a great improvement in tactics.
    Phantom said my last signature was a bit gay so i replaced it with this........

wat i say 2 u guyz XDDD

Nice to hear you played well and enjoyed it

It was fun, even if the Nubs were a little nubish.

Deagle, there are WAY more than 6 players in this community. can we PLEASE start playing larger matches?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    It was fun, even if the Nubs were a little nubish.

Deagle, there are WAY more than 6 players in this community. can we PLEASE start playing larger matches?
    No, shush.

6v6 is the main mode in TF2 and going up to 7v7/8v8 would be totally different tactics. Plus we'd always be trying to find people to fill in.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Mitch, Marsh, Biggie, Chalex, Vox.

If you count everyone who's played in the TF2 team, it's in double figures. And we haven't exactly mastered 6v6 tactics, so no big loss.

Um, No it proves that we cant go over. We had to Call Biggie in becuase we didnt have enough for 6 v 6 and i have never seen chalex play on the team.

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Thread Information