Thread: Resources for new and old players

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Resources for new and old players

The thread is unlocked so people can post resources not currently in this post. DO NOT post anything other that resources, as it will clutter the thread, and send me to my unhappy place.

NEW PLAYERS

Whilst your installing the client, it would be good if you read through these and paid attention to them for the first few days.

The first set of resources are all from GoonWiki, the wiki site for one of the largest alliances in the game, GoonFleet, who are also known as the BoB Killers. I wouldn't recommend it for anything else though, most of it is private for their alliance, and some is just not necessary.
    • About EVE - LINK
    • The EVE Backstory - LINK
    • Basic Character Creation Guide - LINK
    • How to create a good character portrait - LINK
    • How skills work - LINK
    • Recommended skills to train first - LINK

BattleClinic's massive new player guide - It's size is intimidating, but it is all good stuff! There is no reason why you can't get stuck into this whilst downloading and installing the client.

A bit more about the game from the official EVElopedia

ALL PLAYERS

1. EVE-Wiki is great for looking stuff up
    2. There is also the official EVElopedia
    3. Battleclinic is a good information/current events site
    4. EVEMon is a character overview and skills planning program. It also has a mineral price tool which helps me make the chart above
    5. Before spending millions upon millions on a new ship and modules, see if the fit is viable and improve it in the EVE Fitting Tool
    6. My mining chart is very useful to industrial players looking at how quickly they can make money in the shortest time possible. Simply change the cargohold amount to yours in the price of each mineral in your system and you have an accurate projection of your revenue per load. - Link to ATK Downloads
    Last edited by Isphera; 25th June 2009 at 08:38 AM.

Thread Information