Thread: Fancy Being Gordon Freeman? The Heavy? Or Test Subject?

Fancy Being Gordon Freeman? The Heavy? Or Test Subject?

Well, You now can, with new: The Novint Falcon Orange Box Game Bundle With Pistol Grip

Well Valve have just released updates to team fortress 2, half life series and portal to be compatible for this new product. This is From The Novint Website:

The Novint Falcon is an entirely new type of game controller. Replacing your mouse or joystick, the Falcon is, essentially, a small robot that lets you experience true virtual touch unlike any controller in history.

The Novint Falcon lets you control a game in three dimensions, and also lets you feel high-fidelity three-dimensional force feedback. The Falcon controller moves right and left, forwards and backwards, like a mouse, but also moves up and down. When you hold the Falcon’s detachable Grip and move your cursor to interact with a virtual object, environment, or character, motors in the device turn on and are updated approximately 1000 times a second, letting you feel texture, shape, weight, dimension, and dynamics. The Falcon lets you control and interact with games in more realistic way, allowing you to develop real physical skill and muscle memory, adding a new dimension to gaming.
    More of this from http://home.novint.com/products/novint_falcon.php

It also comes with a Pistol Grip:

The Novint Falcon® Pistol Grip is the Must Have FPS Accessory For Falcon Gaming. The Pistol Grip attaches to the Falcon, replacing the standard Grip for an incredibly realistic gaming experience that lets you feel realistic weapon recoil and force feedback.
    This looks like a must have, at around 150 Dollars, around 90 Pounds, I MAY get it, but it all depends, can you play as well in TF2 With this new gadetry, we will have to find out.

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Re: Fancy Being Gordon Freeman? The Heavy? Or Test Subject?

Wow! That looks and sounds amazing; I’m definitely considering getting this as it would be epic.
    Phantom said my last signature was a bit gay so i replaced it with this........

90 quid for an upgrade that'd most likely make me less accurate?

bugger that, Mouse and Keyboard for the win.

Look what I found on youtube about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVu3CLbmpY

Man I so want it now!
    Phantom said my last signature was a bit gay so i replaced it with this........

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

I'd like to see him try to play online with all that feedback, and how would you turn more than 180 degrees? With a mouse you just pick it up and move it to the other end of the mousemat, but you can't do it with that. Would be good for singleplayer games like HL2 though.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

I'm with DK. And besides, I don't need a 90 quid add-on to be the heavy. I just need a toy mini gun and a Russian accent and I'm set.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

they say the falcon will be better than a mouse when you get used to it, because you can feel from wich side you got shot at, and you can turn off recoil on the pin when you want to for competative gameplay

also they gave it the name falcon, because it is the predator of the mouse
    Last edited by Mr.Big; 24th June 2009 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I'm actually really keen on this idea, but at that price I'd have to REALLY want it.

I know console tards would love it, but I think it might be fun to play with too .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Well, if they fixed the driver issues, and made it quicker it'd be worth a try, but if they haven't... stay away o,o
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

This looks interesting to say the least.
    If it does what its supposed too, I'd say its definatley worth the money - but i would definatley want to try before I buy.

Its hard to tell from that vid how good it would be, i think you would need to play online with it to see if was actually useful and for £90 it a bit pricey jsut to test for a week :P Mouse and keyboard ftw

how many people think that getting REALLY good with the rip off is a bad idea?

Example: You can frag anyone in CS instantly. Headshot, Headshot, Headshot. Every spectator sees your screen shaking constantly...

can you say "VAC BAN"?

There's probably some way to tell if you're using a Novint. Like a new command or configuration that tells steam that you're using one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I hate you Mr.Big

yeah, it'd tell steam that you're using one, but what about the paranoid shits in CS pub servers?

Thread Information