Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camping @ i37

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Camping @ i37

1. Tell me now if you're staying im my megatent so i can add your name to this post so I know for reference.
    2. Where should we camp?

In the tent we have:

Mitch
    Paper Tiger
    D_K_Head
    Darkeagle
    Vox

Well, reading the camping threads for i36 i would point away from the quiet area, as it defeats the object of going as a community and me brining the porjector, xbox wii, generator etc for us to enjoy and sociallise a bit more together before going to sleep. You have to be quiet by 10pm, which means no talking cross tents or even speaking loudly.

The loud area would be possible but from reading multiplay threads im thinking this would'nt be the best place for us to try and do any of those things either, and sleeping would aparantly be a major issue.

My suggesting is stemming from something wizzo said to me at i36 (when i was sleeping in my car). I wanted somewhere to go that would be quiet and have no people around. He told me it was fine for me to go ANYWHERE on site, so long as it wasnt signed as scheduled for use or obviously in use, or on the grounds of an active business, if it was i could expect moving on by stonleigh staff, but i wouldnt get in trouble, and suggested I go to the RV area which he instructed me on the positioning of.

The place i went to was the caming area at PC Gamer showdown, and is also i series camping area for people with RV's etc.

This is the map from i36 showing the halls and normal camping areas:

The red spots are the places I propose we should go to one of.

This is quite a walk from the halls, but I wont be drinking and will (obviously) have my car, giles(ez64) has his car (but i assume will be drinking, I think chalex is driving.

I will always be happy to give a lift to and from the tents, and this would mean we could make plenty of noise, enjoy ourselves with ATK xbox/wii, and have more space around / no jumping over fences / alot less worries about drunk people breaking / breaking into tents.

I assume chalex will instantly front me on this as its "playing the system" somewhat, and with him being the leader not wanting to encourage that, but other than him what do people think?
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 2nd July 2009 at 07:01 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: Camping @ i37

I see no image, but I wouldn't mind being stationed far away if it meant we could do what we want to. As long as you woke me up before you all drive down there leaving me alone :P.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

I will be nice and anti social and sleep in my car but will be around when drinking/you guys are in the tent.

If I have been drinking as long as you have a licence someone else can drive my car as stonleigh is not UK public roads thus insurance is not a problem.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post
    If I have been drinking as long as you have a licence someone else can drive my car as stonleigh is not UK public roads thus insurance is not a problem.

You can park with us anyway as carsa are allowd ont he grass in that area

also in reference to the quote - you're wrong. I almost got 6 points for that reason.

I let my friend drive my celica showing him how to park in a car park at 2 am and the police happened to turn up and siezed the car and he almost got a ban for driving without a license and as i let him i get equal points :S

This is as its a public place where the public are welcomed and expected to drive aparantly, though I have the driving extension that insures me on all cars and chris is going to look at getting that for i37 so we can share the drive.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I see no image, but I wouldn't mind being stationed far away if it meant we could do what we want to. As long as you woke me up before you all drive down there leaving me alone :P.
    Answer question 1 plz.

Who needs to sleep! I dont mind, im happy wherever everyone else wants to be

On another note i SHOULD FINGERS CROSSED be able to drive by then

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Yeah I think this is a decent enough idea, and I'm sure that if we were in the red spot areas then we'd be OK with doing what you said.

We were in no.7 at i34, BUT one thing we should DEFINITELY do if we go to no.7 is be on the left side of it, so that we are near the loos. It was a pain in the arse after drinking loads at i34 to trudge over there in the middle of the night, only to trip over every tent possible.

And yes, I will be driving and will have my usual red popup tent .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    You can park with us anyway as carsa are allowd ont he grass in that area

also in reference to the quote - you're wrong. I almost got 6 points for that reason.

I let my friend drive my celica showing him how to park in a car park at 2 am and the police happened to turn up and siezed the car and he almost got a ban for driving without a license and as i let him i get equal points :S

This is as its a public place where the public are welcomed and expected to drive aparantly, though I have the driving extension that insures me on all cars and chris is going to look at getting that for i37 so we can share the drive.
    There is a difference, car parks are normmally council run or a public place with special liability, stoneleigh park is a completly private complex.

You could drive a tank along those roads if the owner said it was ok, come to think of it though if you are driving a tank who is going to stop ya

problems probably would arise if someone crashed it but the end of all of that is that its a private location.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post
    There is a difference, car parks are normmally council run or a public place with special liability, stoneleigh park is a completly private complex.

You could drive a tank along those roads if the owner said it was ok, come to think of it though if you are driving a tank who is going to stop ya

problems probably would arise if someone crashed it but the end of all of that is that its a private location.
    I checked with the asda manager and their car park is privatley owned property by themselves. and you can drive a tank on uk roads with a normal license :P

Yeh was a pain findin the toilets in the night Especially with all the tent pegs and lines :P

I'm with you mitch, hell if i'm buying a tent just for one event.

Gamer IDs

kk , can phantom and trig both please say wether they are or not?

Whether they are or not what?

If your asking about tents both of us will be bringing one/ sharing Phants bigger one

On another note i dont like the fact that everyone will be relying on being up and about at the same time, garunteed that people will get up at different times

I know the solution to this problem...

No we all get up at the same time as Oric found out last year when his van began to rock at bowt 10am :P...I'll prob bring my Uber 2man tesco tent but if it rains then I'll prob shelter in car or other tent

Thread Information