Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Command and Conquer 4 Announced

Re: Command and Conquer 4 Announced

Im sure people will just find the config file and change it some elses like they did with cod4 so they have everything, but if they can't then it could be a prob, you'll just have to complete the whole singleplayer, but tbh most people do this to learn how to play the game and find out which units r good and which are not.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by 7@rg37 View Post
    Im sure people will just find the config file and change it some elses like they did with cod4 so they have everything, but if they can't then it could be a prob, you'll just have to complete the whole singleplayer, but tbh most people do this to learn how to play the game and find out which units r good and which are not.
    Playing singleplayer gives usually gives no indication of how good a unit is in multiplayer, besides the basic usage (eg. AA, AT, special abilities). I also doubt the ranking would be stored locally as it was in CoD4, as you will probably have a profile more akin in BF2.

Many people will play a bit of SP and then want to jump into multiplayer ASAP, after which the SP becomes a bore because MP is much more exhilarating.

EDIT: Ok this has somewhat satisfied me:

Hey everyone!

It's great to see all of the enthusiasm for C&C4! It's been in development for a while now, and we've asked ourselves many of the questions that you are posting on the forums. You'll see a lot more info coming up at the end of the month in PC Gamer UK, Gamestar, and other magazines, so be sure to check them out to get some exclusive info!

For now, let me tide you over with some quick responses to the hottest forum issues:

Q: If I'm facing a higher-level player, will their units be more powerful than mine?
    A: Absolutely not. As players progress in levels, they will unlock units, structures, and upgrades that allow them to affect the game world in different ways. New units change the counter scheme or how the opposing player must use their units. Higher-tier units are not simply lower-level units with increased attack power. Consequently, a low-level player will have everything necessary to counter any unit in the game.

Q: Will C&C4 include upgrades?
    A: Yes! All classes in C&C4 have a wide array of upgrades available to them. This includes global upgrades and upgrades achieved through other means.

Q: Will C&C4 use the SAGE engine?
    A: C&C4 is built upon the same engine as Red Alert 3, with many additional improvements. More information on the advancements made to the engine will be forthcoming.

Q: Has the pathfinding been improved in C&C4?
    A: A significant amount of additional code work has been undertaken to ensure that pathfinding in the presence of ten large Crawlers will not fail under extremely stressful circumstances. The pathfinding team continues to refine the pathfinder on a week-by-week basis.

Q: Will there be any base building in C&C4?
    A: The defense class can indeed lay out a full base, which includes a wide array of different assault and support structures.

Q: Will there be epic units, similar to Kane's Wrath? Are the Crawlers epic units?
    A: While there are many powerful and earth-shattering units in C&C4, all units ascribe to the counter scheme and can be defeated quite handily by even a low-level player's arsenal. While all Crawlers gain weaponry, the power of the Crawler is in its ability to produce units and structures, and you will find that they should not be left unprotected for long.
    Last edited by Calneon; 15th July 2009 at 10:46 PM.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Teaser released (I hate it when people call teasers trailers).

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-command/53140

Means nothing to me because I don't know the storyline .

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

The single player in C&C is usually really good and worth playin through and it does kinda help with multiplayer as u figure out which units are useful and actually worth building and gets u use to using different combos of units but obv multiplayer is more of a challenge and requires better strats

That trailers so pointless, massive build up to nothing :P
    Last edited by Target; 24th July 2009 at 07:22 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

The orb thing with the equations is probably Tacitus, a plot macguffin which is very important but I really can't remember why. Probably a more effective way of combatting tiberium.

EDIT: Also they're using P90's in the mid 21th century in an alternate reality where the events of Red Alert 1 happened. *shakes head*
    Last edited by Bloo; 24th July 2009 at 08:01 PM.

Thread Information