Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bye Bye Baby

Re: Bye Bye Baby

It's probably dead but this thread has had 400 views?

I feel this is appropriate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00

Just for that D_K it's suicide for me after hearing that or keeping the car and renewing the entire cooling system with headgasket skimming and about 100 hours of small jobs.

I'm wating for the quotes so if you dont hear from me again YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

(There is also a very dim light at the tunnel as well as the XJS owners club have suggested a special filling procedure for the coolant system and have said the headgasket probably wont be blown)

If that was true that would free up at least 1k for the interior (full upholstery black roof lining and red carpets and a holder for my cubans )
    Last edited by ez64; 30th August 2009 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    I feel this is appropriate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ5Xbt8-00
    I concur

That was what this thread truly needed and am surprised for once you got it right DK

Turns out the head gaskets are fine and it's running ok now but a little hot due to the radiator not being recored yet.

I will however be changing the head gaskets and coating/painting the manifolds as a precaution as running long distances with a 25 year old head gasket just makes me feel uneasy.

Onto to more fun things though I started stripping the interior today, the back seats, head liner, pillar carpeting is out the metal behind all of this stuff seems perfect so that’s win

The head liner crumbled away whilst taking it out and had mould spots so I binned it, once the rain stops I'll remove the front seats and floor carpet ready to be taken away and have brand new stuff cut and trimmed to order.

I will probably go with jet black leather/fabric depending on cost for the head liner and pillars and blood red carpeting all round for the bottom. To some (most) that will be vulgar and unoriginal but I want it like that so meh.

A bit worrying though when I removed the back seats there was moist/water on the bottom with the sponge seeming to be the cause, hopefully this is just damp sticking being caused by the plastic liner off the seats as I cannot see a leak anywhere.

The leather will also be sent off for restoration and maybe a colour change any suggestions/recommendations?

Edit yay sun again going back out to rip out the seats/carpet
    Last edited by ez64; 1st September 2009 at 04:04 PM.

...like a stubborn spider in the sink, it refuses to die...

oh, and you should totally get bright yellow glow in the dark seats. Because that'd be awesome...

fu

Thread Information