Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATK LAN Sponsor: Novint

Re: ATK LAN Sponsor: Novint

Agreed the same on the first two points,

If people are willing to lend there PC's out they should be the first ones to get offered, if however all of us offer up our PC's drawing out the hat should be the only way.

Dont forget either having a stall inside the BYOC lan area is EXTREMLEY good and the pay for big companys do not get this, this will also advertise ATK quite a big amount.

Already working on the ATK banner sitting on our row? if not for £20 it could be ordered online.
    Last edited by ez64; 16th July 2009 at 10:48 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

provided it didn't happen too often.
    That will most likely be the defining factor on it being a sucess or failiure in the view of ATK. Seeing it is a new product which not many people will ever own due to its price, I can imagine a massive load of people coming over to you during the weekend consistantly to use it and see what it's like.

You won't know how it will go until the actual weekend, but I can invisage it going quite badly.

Yeh and you dont have to give ur pc up if u dont want to, it just means u may not get to use the novint, and even if it is like working for them, we still get to try them out for free which is wot everyone wants to do, plus we can dictate how much time we get to play with them and on a variety of games. It also gives great publicity to the community and will also allow us to review the controllers for people not attending the lan. And even if we are not one of the lucky ones to recieve one of the controllers, we at least got a chance to try them out and decide whether they will be worth looking at in the future.
    It may also open up more oppertunities if this is successful for ATK to take other companies products and test them at the I series or find us more members. I think chalexs deserves one as this is prob the best thing he has done in along time imo and a very good idea that i didnt see anyone else suggesting.

Oric we know your raging that your not coming now but u can read all about it on the forums

O man I am so so so so jealous of you guys, man I wish I could come now . Great idea and I’m sure it will get a load of publicity for ATK.
    Phantom said my last signature was a bit gay so i replaced it with this........

Uhh just one thought someone might have to be the enforcer to stop a constant crowd around our area,

Not only could stuff of the desks go missing very quickly, Stuff could get damaged even quicker like drinks over monitors and having a crowd round the ATK row the entire weekend would be dire when we try and play some games.

Maybe the only pc's being used should be the end ones and ATK members loan pc's to the people on the end?

I know that sounds a little harsh but otherwise it could get really bad.
    Last edited by ez64; 16th July 2009 at 11:03 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Or we could say you have to post in a thread on ATK to have a go.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

I think chalex is just going to have the one at the end of the row being used by other people on his pc and they can all crown round him. The other to be passed around the atk members to try out and test, we can always get multiplay to tell people to move away if there are too many or they are annoying

Maybe we could get Wizzo to come try it out first??? Wuld get everyones attention :P

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I think we've sorted our differences on TS now, but I'll post this anyway:

First of all, everyone's entitled to their own opinion so I'm not going to kill you for having one .

About the bidding, I merely said that if everyone thought that would be a good idea, then we could do it. I would prefer names out of hat of course, but I was just saying that people could think up their own ideas of how they could be received. Personally I think it would be quite cool if one was given away 100% randomly, and the other was given away in a 1v1 tourney.

We are only required by Novint to use 1 of the Falcons for demoing, but I thought using 2 would make it easier for everyone to try one. 1 within ATK, and 1 at the end for the public. Perhaps if we get a sudden crowd we could move them both to the end, but that can be decided on the spot. I will take the 3rd to the event, but I think I'll only bring that out if the demand requires it. If the person sitting next to me ends up doing as much as I do at the event, I will vouch for the fact that they deserve one of them too. At the end of the day though, it's the community's decision how they are given out.

Since I will be at the end I will be giving over all of my time at the LAN to promoting this item. I seriously doubt I will get hugely involved in the rest of the event because of the demand I'm estimating for this. As a result of this, as well as the fact that I've put a huge amount of work and time into getting this deal in the first place, I think I deserve the right to have one myself. Remember, no-one even suggested this idea to me, so we would have nothing at all if I hadn't stopped playing TF2 and actually thought about this.

In regards to ez64's comment, I think if we could have everyone just being wary of the situation and if I am obviously being crowded at the end, just take the initiative and tell people to come back later. Phantom, although the idea of signing up on ATK before using the Falcon would be very beneficial to us, I feel that would be overly imposing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

I should really get on TS

Maybe a sign saying "Please dont crowd the area" or something along the lines of that could be the best way to deal with it without being pushy.

Tbh we can be quite pushy if we want, just dont wanna seem unfriendly :P Yeh ez its makes it a lot easier to keep up with things

Oooh been missing quite a bit, firstly congrats for Chalex on putting this together.
    Personally i dont want anything to do with it, except from trying it out once. Im at the Lan to have a good time gaming and having a laugh and to be honest do not want anything disrupting that.

The thought of having big groups of people coming up and down our isles standing around makes me cringe BUT i can see the positive points mentioned, i feel as if one side of our isle will be turned into a novint advertising stand and if your going to do this you might as well take Phantoms idea and get the most out of it as you can

Gamer IDs

I completely agree and don't want people within the isle itself.

Showing off the falcon & pistol grips will be kept to the end 2 computers near the wall.

Kinda off topic but we should all start sending seat swap invites to one another around about now so we can all be in our correct seats

Back on topic i beleive the Falcons should go towards the people who put the most time and effort at I37 in letting other people test and use them IE: chalex gets one cause he put the effort to arrange it and is giving up a lot to let other people use it then the other two can go towards the people who lend there computers the most.

If there isnt a clear time difference then we can use the other ideas but then again not being too rude i dont like the idea that someone who is rarely involved in ATK Ie lex, cillet getting it over someone like Phantom or Vox

Gamer IDs

Yeah, today I'll also sort out who will be next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    If the person sitting next to me ends up doing as much as I do at the event, I will vouch for the fact that they deserve one of them too. At the end of the day though, it's the community's decision how they are given out.
    Originally when I thought of this idea I envisioned everyone helping out a little, so it wouldn't be an extra burden on anyone. However, since some people have expressed that they don't want to be a part of it, I think you're right Trigger that, as I said above, those that do help more than most should stand a greater chance of getting one or just get one too.

I think this sort of thing can really be decided when we're there and it's easy to see who's doing what, but it's good to have the ideas now.

What Oricalcos said.

Thread Information