Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i37: Chalex4's Novint Helper

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

i37: Chalex4's Novint Helper

I know Vox, Phantom and Darkeagle have expressed very clearly that they would like to sit next to me at the LAN (2nd from the end) and take a leading role in the promotion and demoing of the Novint Falcon and Pistol Grip.

This thread is just to decide which of you wants this role most (or someone else who hasn't told me yet). Remember please that you will be leading the organisation of the demoing on the Friday and Monday so you must be happy with giving over a large proportion of those 2 days, as well as some on the Saturday and Sunday. Of course, I'm not stopping you from taking breaks and letting someone else go to the end while you rest in the middle of the row on someone else's PC when you need to.

I was thinking that the best way to do this would be that when I am not there, this person sets up their PC at the end of the row so that they aren't disturbing the rest of the row. Then, when I arrive I'll take over as the lead and put my PC at the end of the row.

Note: Any bitching in this thread will be deleted, we need to decide this ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: i37: Chalex4's Novint Helper

I think me and DE will be gone on Sunday evening, so one of us can take Friday and then Phantom does Monday?

I know it's a pain, but this way everyone gets to help.

I want to help, so i wont mind doing any day + we dont no if we will leave on the sunday night, i may get a train back vox :P

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

I will happily give my PC over to the ATK members sitting on the end for times when they want to game.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

I'll be bringing my laptop anyway and if we wanted to conenct one to the projector seperatley and one to screen on the end im happy to use my laptop for that and let people play on that whenever they want as it wont stop me being able to use my pc.

Gamer IDs

Thanks guys for being willing to give over your PC/laptop when the guys at the end want to relax, that's really kind of you.

Vox and DE, I don't think that swapping around your PCs with other people is really a good idea, since Monday is when everyone leaves and noone will particularly want to move their PC to a different seat then. If you could decide if you are leaving Sunday/Monday that would be good.

A decision will be made today about who will be next to me, so please if you are interested post now!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

I think i'll stand down from this.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Thanks guys for being willing to give over your PC/laptop when the guys at the end want to relax, that's really kind of you.

Vox and DE, I don't think that swapping around your PCs with other people is really a good idea, since Monday is when everyone leaves and noone will particularly want to move their PC to a different seat then. If you could decide if you are leaving Sunday/Monday that would be good.

A decision will be made today about who will be next to me, so please if you are interested post now!
    I meant you can indefinetly use the laptop with teh projector without having cables going everywhere if u wanted to ahve somebody on your pc chalex and shove the laptop on the end with teh projector if we did have any way of standing a keyboard and the falcon on something.

Get a fold away table or summet

Gamer IDs

I think if we had a fold away table as a completely separate workstation MPUK would tell us to remove it or pay £60. However, I think if we very obviously only had the projector or keyboard on it this would be OK. Overall though, I'm not sure it's needed and I don't have a small table that would suit the job anyway.

I think though that having the laptop there for use always at the end is a great idea, and we will definitely do that.

Also, vox how do you propose you would even be able to sit next to me? You're not even on the same row!

Tbh there not gunna charge u for having a tiny little table with a key board and falcon on set up with the projector and benefitting most of the people at the lan

Chalex - As I've said, support tickets are going through, I'm going to send another one today and if not, you have Wizzo's MSN .

SBC know the guy who deals with all the set ups at the place, including the tables, computers ect. Jabba could ask him for you

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

I don't mind giving up my PC occasionally, since usually at the iSeries I get bored of gaming and end up faffing around on Photoshop.

Off topic: Also hello again, a storm a couple of days ago cut out my internet, so I've been deprived for the last couple of days.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Thanks for the offer Deri, I'm going to try and ask Wizzo first though as I sometimes talk to him on MSN. Also, welcome back Chazlene, I was wondering where you had got to lol.

Anyway, I have made my decision. I think that if the seating gets sorted, then I would like it to be as follows:

Chalex4 | Vox | Darkeagle

This works especially well because both Vox and Darkeagle want to help, so putting you both near the end is win-win for everyone.

Thread Information