Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Novint Falcon & i37 Week

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

The Novint Falcon & i37 Week

The week leading up to i37 is almost upon us, so it's definitely time we got excited!

All 3 of the Novint Falcons and pistol grips grips have now arrived, as well as the ATK t-shirts.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Novint again for their generosity with this LAN sponsorship, and I really think we will do a great job in promoting them at i37. After playing with the Falcons today, I can assure you that you won't want to miss out on the chance of playing with one. It really is a completely new experience.

Since I won't be there as early as I usually am, Chazlene has been given all the shirts as well as 1 of the Falcons for use between Thursday evening and Friday morning, before I arrive with the other units. He knows how the Falcon works and will be in charge of getting the first Falcon set up properly.

Very soon I will be letting the rest of the LAN know about the Novint Falcons on the MPUK forums and here on ATKCommunity.com we will be showing adverts for Novint in the navigation area above. Before then, let me tell you some important points:
    • Chazlene will hand out t-shirts upon payment, not before.
    • On Thursday night, the Falcon Chazlene arrives with will be for use exclusively within ATK.
    • As soon as the event officially starts on Friday, the Falcon will move to the end of the row for public use with Vox (primarily playing TF2).
    • I will arrive later on Friday with the other 2 units, and will designate 1 for more exclusive ATK use.
    • The final Falcon will stay in my car until required (assuming it fits in my car in the first place).
    • Want to try out a Falcon at i37? Install the latest drivers from here before the event.

Security Notes:
    • Every Novint Falcon must have someone looking after it (within 1m) at all times, whether it is being used or not.
    • If there are less than 3 ATK members on the row, the Falcons will be packaged up and go with us.
    • At night the Falcons will be packed away and secured in a car.

Before I leave on the Sunday, 2 of them will be won by ATK members at the LAN. The plan so far is to give 1 to someone who has showed themselves as being very helpful in the organisation and promotion of the Novint Falcons, and the other away randomly with a name from a hat. I will see if I can get Wizzo to do the honours. Obviously, there will still be a little of Monday left for promoting the Falcons, but I'm sure that will only want to make you to protect them even more if one of them is yours .

Since the Falcons require a US to UK power adapter, I will be providing one for £4 at the LAN. Therefore, If you want an adapter with the Falcon, this beings the cost to £44.

Just to give you a taste of what's to come, here are a few piccies:

Can't come to i37? See fanastic deals on the Novint Falcon here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: The Novint Falcon & i37 Week

Can't wait for this now, wot time is everyone going to try and arrive on thursday?

I'm getting there for about 1, maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post

to give 1 to someone who has showed themselves as being very helpful in the organisation and promotion of the Novint Falcons

I think this is a little unfair, considering some people ( me ) have offered to help but have had other people be picked above them. So basically vox will get that one, cose no one else can

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

So wait, you're now giving them away rather than selling them?

And also on the t-shirts side of things guys, you really must pay at i37 because I'm not giving them out unless you've paid... I've seen the invoice for all the shirts and OMG :O.

Quote Originally Posted by 7@rg37 View Post
    wot time is everyone going to try and arrive on thursday?
    I'm getting there around 3-4pm on Thursday.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

I said that they'd be given away because if someone wants a Novint Falcon they are only paying for the shipping costs from the US, which basically means the devices themselves are free . I'll make that clearer in my first post.

The Falcons also require a US to UK power adapter (which I only just found out), so if you are lucky enough to get your own Falcon then you might want to grab one off me for an extra £4 - bringing the overall cost of a Novint Falcon to £44.

Regarding who gets one, we decided in the previous thread that it made it fairer if the person that put in as much time as me promoting the Falcons deserves one. This certainly doesn't mean that only Vox can get it because I can easily see him just doing some promotion on Friday and Monday morning. Anyone that helps me inbetween those times at the end of the row increases their chances significantly. You don't even have to be in the row to promote them, walking round the LAN and asking if they've seen the Novint Falcons would do a great job too.

Remember though that I did say "the plan so far...", so if noone helps significantly enough then we'll just do them both randomly or maybe we'll do something completely different .

I may download photo-shop CS4 before the event so people can use it it see how the Falcon can be used in a CAD area, I can imagine having a 3D "mouse" would increase productivity a fair bit.

People moaning that only I would get one, if I end up not really taking a liking to the unit then of-course I'll "opt-out" of the draws as it were. But if I do like it, I'm in .

How much is a visitor ticket? I can't even remember if there is one. If you guys are all busy I can hop down for a day and help plug if you really want me to xD

(I don't actually want a Novint, btw. So that's not why I'm doing it. xP)
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

I think a visitor ticket is around £5 per day Vicious, but I may be wrong.

And Vox, what's this about the Falcon being used in Photoshop?
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

The shipping cost 120 quid?

Photoshop CS4 can use 3D objects, so I'm thinking the Falcon would be perfect with that, or I might grab 3DS Max or Gmax.

Gamer IDs

Yes, these are heavy items and the exchange rate isn't exactly in our favour. Novint was also very generous in paying for the other half of the shipping.

Chazlene has unboxed the one he's taking to the LAN, so I'm sure he's checking out all the 3D stuff now .

Gamer IDs

CS3 can use 3D objects as well Vox, but I doubt the Falcon would work with it since you can't use it like a normal mouse on your desktop.

My Battlelog

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Yes, these are heavy items and the exchange rate isn't exactly in our favour. Novint was also very generous in paying for the other half of the shipping.

Chazlene has unboxed the one he's taking to the LAN, so I'm sure he's checking out all the 3D stuff now .
    THEY PAYED HALF? So shipping was 240 quid?

£25, apparantly.

I'm guessing "Gamer's Paradise" is the actual LAN event?
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Thread Information