Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i37 broke my PC.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Re: I37 broke my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by VoX View Post
    Well you are in luck that Asus boards have a 3 year warranty, as long as you can be definite the board is kaput, then you can get yourself another P5Q for free (You may have to pay shipping though, and with Asus that's near Japan somewhere afaik )
    Who'd you but it off?

Microdirect are ledgends when it comes to returns if it was them

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: gkgary

That really sucks, Chaz.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

As for people PC being different after i37, mine runs slightly louder, but to me, it sounds like a wire has been moved onto a fan in transit XD I will have to check it out though.

Mine suffered minor damage in the form of a dent in the case .

Other than that, all seems well .

Mitch - As Chalex sorted a lot of the stuff out, I'm assuming OverClockers or Scan, and I know OcUK are good for returns and RMA's, not heard anything or had to use Scans procedure.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Midge18 Steam ID: Midge18

Scan tend to have a 1 year warranty on all their products, or atleast mine did when my PSU exploded. I went through the manufacturer anyway, seeing as they had 3 year warranty and it was close to that.

Gamer IDs

Mine suffered minor damage in the form of a dent in the case .

Other than that, all seems well .

Mitch - As Chalex sorted a lot of the stuff out, I'm assuming OverClockers or Scan, and I know OcUK are good for returns and RMA's, not heard anything or had to use Scans procedure.
    Scan have done rmas on both my gfx cards and psu, but they did resist about it and it took a few days of arguing by email.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Re: i37 broke my PC.

Midge, you're back! Err... hello!

Anyway weird but good news everyone... we're back to how it was before, it is the PSU that's broken. The same guy came round earlier with another computer and a different power supply to try and test whether it was the CPU or mobo which was broken. However he tried running my motherboard off this different PSU and this time it worked... the other one he tried must've been coincidentally broken or not compatible with my computer.

So I'll get a new PSU tomorrow or whenever, don't really want to spend loads on some £60 modular one, trying to save for Uni, probs just get one similar to my current one.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...23&subcat=1088

That's more or less what you have atm.

Gamer IDs

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...23&subcat=1088

That's more or less what you have atm.
    Yes it is, only his will be worth about £15 and exactly the same in every way, like this one http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Pr...-12cm-fan-SATA

Gamer IDs

Ok since I've been on holiday and stuff I haven't had much time to try and fix this, and now the problems get weirder and weirder... I bought a new power supply, 580W, had all the right cables and stuff, but still it didn't work.. when I unplugged the graphics card the motherboard and fans start up, bit it emits a constant, loud, high-pitched eeeeeeeee noise. Thing is though, that happens as well with my old power supply, so I didn't need to get a new one after all. So the mobo starts up with the GFX card unplugged, but if I physically take out the graphics card it doesn't start up at all. I have no idea what this high-pitched noise means... in the manual it doesn't say what it could be, only for 4 short beeps and stuff like that. Anyone got any ideas? Sort of getting desperate now... going to Uni on Tuesday which I kind of need it for.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

3 short beeps means CPU is dead so thats good its not happening.

A long constant beep is just saying WTF ARE YOU DOING NOOB theres a missing peice of required hardware and I couldnt get past POST.

Run one stick of ram that you know is 100% working, then use a different graphics card the more basic the better. Then try and boot if it doesnt work the first time try the ram and in different slots and clear the BIOS.

It's looking more and more like dead graphics card to me, also if you have not already unplug the power and data cable from every CDROM/HDD device.
    Last edited by ez64; 6th September 2009 at 12:36 PM.

Gamer IDs

Cheers Ez, just found out that the same goes with the CD drive and Hard-drive as it does with the GFX card, if I plug them in to the power supply then it won't boot. I doubt all three can be broken... it's getting really confusing because the problems aren't always consistent, like sometimes it doesn't boot when it's just the mobo plugged in.

My Battlelog

if it's really not consistent then it could be Mobo and if it's not booting with just basics+working gfx card it could be expensive if not inside warranty

Gamer IDs

If it is the motherboard thats gone providing it hasnt takes your processor/ram with it if its not under warranty just replacing that souldnt bee too much, around £50 for an average board probably.

Thread Information