Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDN_scrapyard_work in development

HDN_scrapyard_work in development

As some of you know I spend quite a few hours on source SDK, so i think is time to show you the work in progress of the hidden map that i am creating

HDN_scrapyard

(thanks vox )

So say what you think, you can play test it by DLing it from the downloads section and follow the readme. Then you can PM me or talk to me via steam on suggestions,comments or abuse

Re: HDN_scrapyard_work in development

Oh awesome. Plus, you should make a secret trap or something only ATK members know about :P Like maybe a switch that you can press to drop a car from a crane? That would be pretty awesome.

Would also be SAFE. (XD)
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Thanks.

I could do something like that, how about a secret button that allows a thunder strike to magically appear under a painting once its destroyed or something like that.

Also I will add a change log to this thread showing the major updates to the map as I go along.

*Change log*
    -added rain + sounds to entire map
    -added thunder + sounds on a random timer
    -added more physics props

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

It's too dark i can't see anything

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    It's too dark i can't see anything
    Adds to the atmosphere

Anyway these thunder strikes are made of a single light entity with brightness over 100000000 (normal is 255) and these srtike for 0.3 seconds every 5 -35 seconds = plenty of light

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpidgeon View Post
    Adds to the atmosphere

Anyway these thunder strikes are made of a single light entity with brightness over 100000000 (normal is 255) and these srtike for 0.3 seconds every 5 -35 seconds = plenty of light
    Man, that could be shit scary, when u catch a glimpse of the hunter in a flash then u cant see him again until another flash....

it's also a fair point that the hidden is invisible. You ain't seeing him unless you're stationary and you know what to look for... arena just makes it that little bit more trickey

Should also be an inside area, perhaps a shack or something, with good lighting, having a completely dark map makes it almost impossible for the IRIS team, needs to be an area that is hard to camp, but easy to spot the hidden in.

Maybe 2 doors on opposite sides of the room, in a sort of Z fashion, and a broken wall perhaps, gives atmosphere and functionality.

Sorry if it seems as though I'm pressing ideas on you >.<'
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Should also be an inside area, perhaps a shack or something, with good lighting, having a completely dark map makes it almost impossible for the IRIS team, needs to be an area that is hard to camp, but easy to spot the hidden in.

Maybe 2 doors on opposite sides of the room, in a sort of Z fashion, and a broken wall perhaps, gives atmosphere and functionality.

Sorry if it seems as though I'm pressing ideas on you >.<'
    VH is suggesting this......

as such i propose the inside area THAT THERE ALREADY IS should be completely pitch lblack and have lots of beams etc for the hidden o grab onto and be very confined

I'm looking at it from a psychology aspect, a safe area, which isn't as safe as first thought, adds distress to the player, and forces them into quick decisions, which generally aren't the brightest ones.

Mitch also unwittingly gave me an idea, perhaps a generator near the building, with a switch to turn lights on or off, IRIS turn them on and go inside, then Hidden turns the lights off, and everyone cacks themselves x3

well atm ive got an inside with vents and multiple entrances ( the smoke in the second pic must come from somewhere ) but it has a garbage compactor like thingie that spawns boxes onto a conveyor belt into a pit of fire.

but it comes with a lot of bugs like the conveyor only moving you, or the boxes or only halfway

for example

so a better idea would be welcome

EDIT: for the scary aspect I am looking towards the lighting and sound effects. for example green light = good. red = bad. red+spinning+siren = flee. I'm using this instead of, OMG!!!!!!!!111 SWINGING ZOMBIE CORPSE, around every corner. (not saying that there isn't one :P )
    Last edited by Darkpidgeon; 5th September 2009 at 06:34 PM.

Gamer IDs

Lighting doesn't really make a difference if you have the night vision thing.

Night vision is only 1 of the things you can get, most players for-go it for a LAM device.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Wink Re: HDN_scrapyard_work in development

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Night vision is only 1 of the things you can get, most players for-go it for a LAM device.
    adreaneline ftw tbh. Very good for escaping once youve been slightly slashed :P

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Gogo flashlight!

Thread Information