Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea! New Server!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Idea! New Server!

I have finally managed to come across (thanks to some creativity on my part ) the files necessary to run a DOD Source Gun Game Extreme edition Server. (GGEE)

There was a community that ran this for a while and it was VERY popular ( 24 man server always queuing to get on at peak times).

Their community folded about a year ago and took the mod with it so there aren't any servers running GGEE.

Chances are Me / Gary (Paper Tiger) got you to join us at least a couple of times, but if you didn't it works like this:

Round starts, you get the first weapon (which can be the lowest gun as you'd expect, reversed, or random weapon order - same order for everyone though).

This may get old fast on CS but if you played it on DOD on the large orange gungame maps they used you'd probably change your mind :P

With the real variety in weapons in DOD it is a lot more interesting for Gun Game.

Anyway, I'm proposing chalex gives me one of the servers to look after, which I will change to a new DOD Source Gun Game Extreme Edition server!

My hidden server I still run and if you look at the game tracker it continues to be ATK's most popular server by % full / time we've ever had since we've been ATK (The current stats are an average of 4.1 players over the last month, and considering its a max 9 player game.... )

If you don't like dod please don't object based on that. As some of you may know, I HATE day of defeat, but can happily spend hours on GGEE. All I ask if you give it a go, and for now at least I think you'd all agree that having a working (hopefully) popular, unique, server is better than having servers lets simply not even switched on!

Anyway, post your thoughts =]
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 26th October 2009 at 01:25 PM.

Re: Idea! New Server!

Great idea, and their is no reason not to - 100 percent agree

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Other than he who must not be named is the biggest fan of DoS ever.

Lol, but I'm up for it, don't see why we shouldn't, not like we use any of our other servers.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Me and Phantom used to spend quite a bit of time on a decent GG server, is quite fun, Ur version sounds exactly the same (extreme, dont think so) but it got quite repetitive, though go for it

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Me and Phantom used to spend quite a bit of time on a decent GG server, is quite fun, Ur version sounds exactly the same (extreme, dont think so) but it got quite repetitive, though go for it
    Yeah that was very fun, definately go for it Mitch.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

This sounds like a great way to try and resurrect our servers, I've always loved gungame on CSS so it should be great on DODS. Thanks for proposing this idea Mitch.

I've changed a 16 slot CSS server to DODS and you should have all the access you need . Let us know when it's ready!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    This sounds like a great way to try and resurrect our servers, I've always loved gungame on CSS so it should be great on DODS. Thanks for proposing this idea Mitch.

I've changed a 16 slot CSS server to DODS and you should have all the access you need . Let us know when it's ready!
    Good Good.

Cant do it tonight, but will make sure i get it done either tomorrow night after i get back from my 2 hour drive back from uni or will do it on my free day on Tuesday

heh, I've been getting back into DOD lately... this could be fun...

and "he who must not be named"?

ZOMG DOD is awesome sauce and gun game is sooo addictive, sounds like a plan

Don't worry about it DK, before your time
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Well here we go

(insert funky name here)

took me about day on and off, fixing small tweaks and general issues. almost complete just need to get spawns fully working/balanced and will be ready for testing

...thats...
    is that a map?

holy shit... nice one DP. Looks pretty awesome

noice there loads of awesome orange maps for dods anyway, cant wait for xmas now to get this on 100% activity seems as MW2 is gunna epic fail unless the greedy robbin
    fix it

Gamer IDs

UPDATE:

Started on the server today but getting the "No data received" error in the INX control panel. Sending a support ticket and should have it up asap

Give me a message on steam when its up and ill pop on

Thread Information