Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Giveaway Ideas!

Re: Free Giveaway Ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    We could all make a diorama of a level from L4D1/2 and post the results on the site!

...Isn't that a little disgusting? I mean, i'm all for community contests, but that sounds pretty shit...

L4D versus 4 v 1 - 4 infected v 1 survivor see how far you can run before you get pwnd, one that gets the furthest wins

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    ...Isn't that a little disgusting? I mean, i'm all for community contests, but that sounds pretty shit...
    Someone clearly missed the sarcasm tags.

Quote Originally Posted by 7@rg37 View Post
    Testacoils FTW!!! But yeh build in progress......annoyin tick sounds, on hold cancelled. fail, such an annoyin way to build and mamoth tanks and v2 lauchers where win
    Testacoils..... that do not tickle ones balls with an AA battery

Tesla coils ie Nikola tesla....

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    Someone clearly missed the sarcasm tags.
    diorama - diarrhea

We should have a multi-game thing.

AOE1
    CnC ZH
    CSS
    TF2
    L4D

I think everyone has at least one of those games, so we could make a spreadsheet (Oric) - and give everyone an equal number of matches to play, first place in a match gets x points, second gets y, so on and so on..

What do you guys think?
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post

AOE1
    CnC ZH
    CSS
    TF2
    L4D

I think everyone has at least one of those games, so we could make a spreadsheet (Oric) - and give everyone an equal number of matches to play, first place in a match gets x points, second gets y, so on and so on..

What do you guys think?

For once VH, thats actually a good idea!

so when VH suggests the same idea, suddenly it's a good one?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    so when VH suggests the same idea, suddenly it's a good one?
    VH's suggestion is doing it based on who has what game and seorting it out accordingly, not jsut everyone plays this.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post

AOE1
    CnC ZH
    CSS
    TF2
    L4D

What do you guys think?
    I'm not sure what you mean, does everyone only play one game? How does that work?

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

NO NO WRONG!!!

Random number, thats really the only way to do this ( if this is gaming contests there is always the one who is better skilled that wins ) So random number is the most "fun" way to give it and has the best odds for everyone i liked the draw last time we did it, and it was very fun to watch the vid but dissapointing when i didint win xD, so yeah i vote for a random number draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

I definately agree with Mr Big here, I'd rather it be done randomly and not a tournament. Mostly because, though I can't speak for others, I don't see a point in entering a gaming competition because most of those games I haven't played in months/over a year, and never really played competitively anyway.

I just don't see the point in entering a competition I know I have no chance of winning.

...I love how there are two sides to this... the confident regular gamers and those that want a random draw.

Still, it makes sense, if we're going for fair here. No need to overcomplicate it, random draw works fine.

Fine, random draw.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

WE could do it as I did at teh nest (cybercafe) when we used to run competitons for games.

We would all play at least one game (usually CS over 3 maps), everyones score would be noted and added to get their total score (kills).

After getting everyones score and a total of every kill made, we would divide every score by the same number so that everyone had a score ranging from 1 usually up to around 20.

Then for every "1" score each player had they had 1 piece of paper with their name on placed in a tin, shaken up, and randomly drawn out.

The shaking and drawing was then repeated 3 times, and if someone won a prize they are discounted from second and third.

This was taken well because it meant that the better players had a higher chance of winning, but overall even if we had 1 person for 150 kills and everyone else with 75, the best person is more likely to not win anything, tho more likley than any other specific person.

Obviously this wouldn't work well with RTS games unless a stupid number of matches are played out, tho if games were to be played with no rules, IE rushing allowed, no unit restrictions, and we got 2 people to play repeatedly for say 1 hour you could get a significant number of wins and losses, tho this would be much more biased than a score based FPS
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 3rd January 2010 at 02:59 PM.

Thread Information