Thread: Sherlock Holmes

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Sherlock Holmes

Ok we had an Avatar thread, so why not a Sherlock Holmes one. I went to see this with Chalex today, thought it was very entertaining but a bit un-original.

Downey Jr and Jude Law are very good, and the special effects are fantastic, though you wouldn't notice very many unless you looked hard. The story was pretty average, a generic series of kills in a pattern leading to a race to stop the final murder. I thought how they showed fights was quite good, with him explaining beforehand and then having it play out in real time, though you watched the same thing two times.

I do like however the way they explained everything at the end or after it had happened, I guess it kind of took out the mystery behind a lot of it but that's what a detective's job is so it fitted in with the theme. Some of the murders were kind of un-imaginative, with the explainations being that they used some rare/unknown chemical to poison/ignite victim.

All in all very good though, however it doesn't challenge Avatar in the slightest. A recommended watch.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Re: Sherlock Holmes

Yeah I agree, it was good but not amazing. I do like though that it wasn't just your usual murder mystery, but of course that did mean that they had to use some crazy chemicals to explain things. Remember though that they've just reopened a franchise, so a lot of character development/explanation had to take place.

The next one (which there will be), should be able just to build on what we already know and therefore have a little greater depth.

I'd rate the film 7.6/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Mite go have a look at this on Wednesday, saw the adverts and thought it looked like a film worth watchin ty for review

lol at fail rating chalex 7.6 - .6!!!! round up to 8 nerd

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    I'd rate the film 7.6/10.
    Very precise there . I'd give it 7.35

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Lol Target, I just thought it deserved slightly more than 7.5 .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Thread Information