Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Games

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Upcoming Games

Soooo, what are you all looking forward to? I haven't bought a new game (excluding those on Steam Sale) in a while and there are some great games coming out.

Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Mass Effect 2

These two I will almost certainly pre-order, especially for the BC2 beta.

Alien vs Predator 3

Looks very good from screenshots and previews. However, I think I will reserve judgement until it's released.

Bioshock 2

It's currently on Steam pre-order for £20 in a 4 pack, which is tempting as I loved the first. Multiplayer will almost undoubtedly be crap, and from the screenshots on Steam it does look almost identical to the first. The jury is still out on this one.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Re: Upcoming Games

I'm really REALLY excited for APB, which sounds awesome, and is bound to dissapoint. I'm also looking foward to BFBC2 (seriously, this used to be a BF2 community, who ISN'T looking foward to battlefield with buildings that break?)

aand... That's about it actually. Oh, purely for the storyline, I really want to see the next assassin's creed. But since they're console games, it's unlikely i'll actually end up getting to play them.

On a side note: MAG looks awesome... It's a really good reason to get a PS3. They've finally found a way to get round-based combat to a pretty fucking massive scale...

APB for one, AvP 3, Battlefield BC2, Mass Effect 2.

Looks like 2010 will actually be a good year for good games.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    I'm really REALLY excited for APB, which sounds awesome, and is bound to dissapoint. I'm also looking foward to BFBC2 (seriously, this used to be a BF2 community, who ISN'T looking foward to battlefield with buildings that break?)

aand... That's about it actually. Oh, purely for the storyline, I really want to see the next assassin's creed. But since they're console games, it's unlikely i'll actually end up getting to play them.

On a side note: MAG looks awesome... It's a really good reason to get a PS3. They've finally found a way to get round-based combat to a pretty fucking massive scale...

Just to let you know - this didnt used to be a bf2 community :P it used to be a CSS clan :P Its vox n his mates that are the bf2 guys, no affiliation with ATK :P

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I've played MAG beta on someone's PS3, and it was actually quite disappointing. Although the game is meant to be huge, I couldn't help feeling that it was just a bunch of smaller 8x8 battles that didn't seem to be part of the bigger picture. The graphics, voice acting and menu system also seemed very cheap.

I agree pretty much with what everyone else has said above though, that Battlefield: BC2 will be good, as well as Bioshock 2.

I hope we'll also see more stuff from BF3, HL2: EP3 and perhaps a sequal to good-old CSS ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Pre-ordered Mass Effect 2, though for the Xbox. The trailers and each new bit of information makes me drool more and more for the 29th. An RPG that recognises that RPG's are about plot and choices, not stats and loot? Most excellent. (Also combat plays like a TPS, so actually good).

Bioshock 2 looks like it'll be a good game and Just Cause 2 is hopefully going to be more mental than the first.

But until then, I have Spelunky <3.

...I forgot about Just Cause 2... that's also on the list

And do you honestly expect ep3 so soon? it's going to be like two more years before they even release teasers

Ooh that's a point Chalex, I've heard about a new CSS, thought it was just rumours though
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Ooh that's a point Chalex, I've heard about a new CSS, thought it was just rumours though
    http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/01/...tical-interve/

?

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

theres a guy on my course at dumfires thats making tactical intervention. hes said we might get a closed beta in a few months and has shown us gameplay live in a presentation room. looks pretty cool.

Just going to point out its not the new CS tho.

There is 1 guy from the original Counter stikre 1.0 team working on it, its not the valve team or anything like that.

It was a bit buggiy the the demo with the hostages flailing a bit but otherwise looked good. the blindfire and lean etc were significant additions to the game
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 20th January 2010 at 05:53 PM.

BTW BFBC2 maybe a bit fail as Dice have decided to remove some feature from the game such as developer console and some others but at least the server system wont be as fail as mw2

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Three Words - Gran. Turismo. Five.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXtbXy5vO70

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Three Words - Gran. Turismo. Five.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXtbXy5vO70
    Forza 3 pwns GT5 :P

Tho i do miss being able to do rallies, otherwise the game looks very similar. GT4 has more stuff that doesnt actually matter (like intro stuff pre race n things) but as far as the racing goes it looks very very similar.

I assume GT5 is a simulator too? and not jsut soem lol racing game where its like hmm im doing 200mph in my vauxhaull corsa and can still go round corners fine....
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 21st January 2010 at 01:26 PM.

Gran Turismo 2 was the awesome, I haven't played any of the others though; but if you can customise gear ratios etc. as much as you could back then, GT5 looks to be awesome

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Gran Turismo 2 was the awesome, I haven't played any of the others though; but if you can customise gear ratios etc. as much as you could back then, GT5 looks to be awesome
    I cnat see it being possible to beat forza 3 for customisation..

you can paint different parts of teh car in different colours, choosing from all 16 million colours, then u can add metalic, or a metalic holographic paint, or use a design from the sotrefront, then u can apply a huge selection of decals and even make custom vinal groups from primative shapes.

Obvs that dont affect the car but you can change more

Modify car with upgrades, from an engine, drivetrain or aspiration conversion, down to remapping, changing your alloys for weight, chanigng sizes, changing tyres, changing tyre compound, gearbox, camshaft, carbon fibre bonnets, bodykits, and many MANY more.

Than after youve modified you get to configure the upgrades, such as

Gear ratios, angles of front spiltter, rear spoiler, change suspension height, rebound stiffness, bump stiffness, wheel camber, caster angle, type pressures, drive ratios, 4x4 torque ratios break setup and again many MANY more :P

(I find this one of the most fun parts of the game :P)

Thread Information