Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Company 2 Beta

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: Bad Company 2 Beta

I'd rather have 4xAA than more detailed terrain and bushes. HSAO also kills my FPS and I don't even know what it does.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Yeah they should explain what HSAO is . I have no idea either.

Oh, and I managed to update BC2 by just running the updater with administrator privs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

HSAO is a form of Ambient Occlusion.

In full - Horizon Split Ambient Occlusion.
    Last edited by Vicious Horizon; 31st January 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typo
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

If it's anything like the nVidia one it's a moderate FPS hit for not a lot of eye candy in return.

Have updated to latest version, just about to try and see if that fixes the bugs I was getting.

Gamer IDs

Gamer IDs

I love the UAV, it's so much fun . Plus, the enemy often don't notice you for aggeess.

MPUK have released some stats about the beta . It certainly looks like this will be the next big thing, perhaps even more so than MW2 for PC gamers.

"We've never seen demand like it," says Craig Fletcher, Managing Director, Multiplay. "At our peak, we were connecting 10,000 people per second - and we managed the demand better than other servers, many of whom were down for hours when demand surged. If there was ever any doubt that our infrastructure and technology in Fileplay was anything other than best in its class, the past 16 hours have proved it."

Key stats (as of 2:00pm 29/01/2010):

• Over 1 million page views to Multiplay over night
    • Over 100,000 new Multiplay Member Accounts created
    • Over 10,000 user connections per second at peak
    • 10,000 keys distributed in under 3 hours
    • 30,000 files served over night (45 Terabytes of data so approx 5000 DVDs)
    • 6,000 player slots on our European Game servers solidly full.
    • Multiplay quadrupled Fileplay's web serving capacity in under 2 hours to deal with the huge surge in demand.

Gamer IDs

That's insane. This game will definitely be the next big game, love it.
    Last edited by Calneon; 1st February 2010 at 04:38 PM.

Yeh this games gunna be huge...I take it that the actually release version won't be quiet as resource heavy? But it looks amazing, its definately replacing CoD but hopefully this will give IW the kick in the face to decide to give dedi servers !!!!!

On that UAV are you just designating targets or do you actually have missiles couldn't really tell
    Last edited by Target; 1st February 2010 at 04:43 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 7@rg37 View Post
    Yeh this games gunna be huge...I take it that the actually release version won't be quiet as resource heavy? But it looks amazing, its definately replacing CoD but hopefully this will give IW the kick in the face to decide to give dedi servers !!!!!

On that UAV are you just designating targets or do you actually have missiles couldn't really tell
    You hover above and click where u want a missile to go. You have to aim it yourself it doesn't home in or anything. I also doubt they will do much optimization on the performance.

Gamer IDs

The rockets come from the helicopter (UAV) that you are flying I believe. And if you haven't seen it already, here's the singleplayer trailer (it's not that great lol).

<div style="width: 480px;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=61088"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=61088" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 480px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/game/battlefield-bad-company-2/10837" title="Battlefield: Bad Company 2">Battlefield: Bad Company 2</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-single-player-battlefield-bad/61088" title="Exclusive Single-Player Reveal Trailer HD">Exclusive Single-Player Reveal Trailer HD</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/" title="XBox 360">XBox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/" title="PS3">Playstation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://wii.gametrailers.com/" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a></div></div></div>

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    I love the UAV, it's so much fun . Plus, the enemy often don't notice you for aggeess.

MPUK have released some stats about the beta . It certainly looks like this will be the next big thing, perhaps even more so than MW2 for PC gamers.
    Speak for yourself. Two sniper shots and the thing starts spinning.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Still can't see the appeal of it. The beta map is so bland and devoid of colour, the gameplay is kinda dull and the interface is unresponsive (I'm sure that'll be fixed from beta... erm, yeah right.)

I somehow don't think this is going to knock MW2 off its perch, unless they really ramp up their marketing campaign. Which is the real reason why MW2 sells well.

Still no key for me

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    Still can't see the appeal of it. The beta map is so bland and devoid of colour, the gameplay is kinda dull and the interface is unresponsive (I'm sure that'll be fixed from beta... erm, yeah right.)

I somehow don't think this is going to knock MW2 off its perch, unless they really ramp up their marketing campaign. Which is the real reason why MW2 sells well.
    I don't think anyone thinks BC2 has a chance of outselling MW2. It's a totally different game to MW2 and if you find the gameplay kinda dull then I don't think you're a fan of FPS games.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks BC2 has a chance of outselling MW2. It's a totally different game to MW2 and if you find the gameplay kinda dull then I don't think you're a fan of FPS games.
    Yes, I clearly dislike an entire genre of games because I find the mash-up of the slow building Battlefield series and the fast-pace action of the CoD series disorienting and odd. I am a fool to attempt to play a FPS games, considering near half of my library of games are FPS's. I clearly didn't like them either.

Thread Information