Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bad Company 2 Beta

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Re: Bad Company 2 Beta

Right, guess I'll wait until the full-game before we all start playing together then.

You made need to upgrade your pc bloo, this game will not play on my pc atm even on low settings due to fail processor, however I am hopfully going to try it out tomorrow at mitches and ill give him the account details so he can play it

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    You made need to upgrade your pc bloo, this game will not play on my pc atm even on low settings due to fail processor, however I am hopfully going to try it out tomorrow at mitches and ill give him the account details so he can play it
    It runs fine on my laptop if I turn down all the settings. The only thing that annoys me about it is the fucking blue tint effect, yes yes, its a snow map... but bloody hell does it piss me off, all the colour is drained and washed out.

how many times have you said that now?

But yeah, we need to have a get-together... though it would be a lot easier if the friends list worked, and the server browser didn't suck such a large quantity of balls...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    how many times have you said that now?

But yeah, we need to have a get-together... though it would be a lot easier if the friends list worked, and the server browser didn't suck such a large quantity of balls...
    A lot of times, but I feel fine now because PCgamer voiced the same opinion in their podcast, so someone agrees with me. XD

And yes, the slow interface is a pain, but we should at least try.

Played it at mitch's tonite and it was pretty good, the weapon system is still pretty fail hopefully they will make it a bit better in release version :S

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

What do you mean, "fail"? If you mean accuracy and the time it takes to kill someone, it's probably best you try out some hardcore servers where it doesn't take an entire clip to kill someone.

I think that the weapon upgrade trees are pretty fun, but it is a bit lame that some of the starting weapons aren't very good. It's still possible to kill people though!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

well i agree with target, because the weapons system is "sloppy" compared to CO6
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    What do you mean, "fail"? If you mean accuracy and the time it takes to kill someone, it's probably best you try out some hardcore servers where it doesn't take an entire clip to kill someone.

I think that the weapon upgrade trees are pretty fun, but it is a bit lame that some of the starting weapons aren't very good. It's still possible to kill people though!
    Agree with this.

With the weapon system, it may not be as easy to understand as CoD (although seemed pretty straight forward to me and most other people I've asked), but it gets you more weapons that you will actually use quicker, since it depends on achieved score by class and not overall level. For example, in the Battlefield games, I have almost always exclusively played as a Medic, so most of the other weapons are useless, since I can't use them. Therefore, this system gets me better guns quicker. With CoD, I almost always use Assault Rifles and launchers as my setup, other than for the challenges for XP boosts, thus making all other weapon unlocks practically useless for me (unless its a very small map and I use a shotgun and machine pistol instead), thus wasting time.

I therefore believe the BC2 not to be 'sloppy' as you have said Biggy, but I see it as very efficient and actually better than CoD, since it rewards you for doing well at a certain role quicker. Obviously, for those that change and vary roles more than someone with schizophrenia changes personality, then your at a disadvantage, but BC2 is designed around squad play where everyone is good at a certain role, so by finding your role, you can progress quicker. It wouldn't surprise me one bit though if they gave you unlock points for the other trees once you maxed out one of them, to give you some flexibility down the line.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Agree with this.

With the weapon system, it may not be as easy to understand as CoD (although seemed pretty straight forward to me and most other people I've asked), but it gets you more weapons that you will actually use quicker, since it depends on achieved score by class and not overall level. For example, in the Battlefield games, I have almost always exclusively played as a Medic, so most of the other weapons are useless, since I can't use them. Therefore, this system gets me better guns quicker. With CoD, I almost always use Assault Rifles and launchers as my setup, other than for the challenges for XP boosts, thus making all other weapon unlocks practically useless for me (unless its a very small map and I use a shotgun and machine pistol instead), thus wasting time.

I therefore believe the BC2 not to be 'sloppy' as you have said Biggy, but I see it as very efficient and actually better than CoD, since it rewards you for doing well at a certain role quicker. Obviously, for those that change and vary roles more than someone with schizophrenia changes personality, then your at a disadvantage, but BC2 is designed around squad play where everyone is good at a certain role, so by finding your role, you can progress quicker. It wouldn't surprise me one bit though if they gave you unlock points for the other trees once you maxed out one of them, to give you some flexibility down the line.

We were referring to the way you fire directly into people and it doesnt register sometimes and when it does register they dont die after a silly amount of bullets. Also the way the game, like other BF titles, seems to randomly select when to give headshots.

The unlock system im personally not particularly fond of but at the end of the day im fine with it.

The weapons are fine if you fire in burst or singleshot...

I personally favor the type 88 sniper with the x4 scope. Two or three hits means a kill, and that's a LOT faster than an assault rifle.

Gamer IDs

My main problem is that the starting weapons are terrible but as soon as you get an unlock, killing people becomes so much easier. It does mean each gun does "feel" different, but only because the feeling that it takes 2 seconds to kill someone rather than 6 seconds.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Just unlocked the M249 for medic on the console - I was top for three rounds running Ended up with 6 dogtags as well

Sometimes it just completely doesnt register you shooting people and the rpg and grenade lauchers work very randomly, like some time the rpg just sort of flops like 20yards....maybe this is deliberate to make it seem more real, but when theres an apc in front of me i want it to die not laugh at fail rockets
    The sniper has improve slightly coz u can actually kill people with one or 2 shots

M249!? Please tell me it's the Para Scoped version, if it is I'm sold..
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Thread Information