Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATK Bad Company 2 Ranked Server!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Re: ATK Bad Company 2 Ranked Server!

The last I heard from INX was that they weren't getting any response from EA when they inquired about being a certified ranked provider. I don't know why, as INX is one of the biggest GSPs in the UK. As a result of EA being noobish, we're going to need to rely on another GSP for the time being.

I also think that if we don't hop on the server bandwagon on RELEASE DAY, then we might as well just not bother. This is a golden opportunity for ATK to get an active server again, which could easily attract new members and then make paying for the server much easier.

Also, I think it actually is a good idea to start the server off on hardcore. Even if we end up changing it to normal, there won't be as many hardcore servers at release, so we stand a chance of being noticed.

In terms of the cost, I'm willing to cover it for at least a month, just to see how it goes. If it turns out to be popular, I'd appreciate donations from you guys and if it goes south then we can just cancel it and pub normally. I'll buy a 32 slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Hmmm the only prob being that many people are at uni and dnt have time to game atm or dnt have a pc, to recruit new members would require people to actually come on ts, and as u dnt even do that chalex its prob not going to work.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I know where you're coming from, but since I'll be paying for the first month or so I'm definitely going to want to see it full all the time. So of course I'll be on TS a lot trying to make you guys go on . I also haven't properly played with a good squad of people on TS, which I really want to do.

Waiting until the summer woundn't be a good idea in my opinion, as that's when everyone will be sorting out new clan servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

It's up to you - getting new peeps in would be a nice infusion, but how many did we get from having a CS server? And likewise on the squad point. I don't get a choice on the PS3 and I always get stuck with the nubs who act like lone wolfs, don't grab my medkit to res me and keep us all alive etc.

Yeh some good team play would be awesome... well I'm sure you'll have about 4/5 people that are on and you can easy recruit some more peeps in the first couple of weeks, its just finding people that are semi active and that are looking for a fairly casual team

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    Maybe only a few shots WITH A SNIPER RIFLE!
    heh, I used the Type 88 autosnipe with the 4x scope, remember? works pretty well for me.

EDIT: Oh, and you get to switch squads on the PC. DICE know that PC gamers won't be satisfied with the stuff the consoletards accept, remember?
    Last edited by D_K_Head; 1st March 2010 at 08:45 PM.

Thread Information