Marshy
    D_K_Head [L]
    Phantom

Players - Venom
    Glitch [L]
    RandomReptar
    ShadowSong
    Mcafee

I have to admit, going into this match I thought venom were another half-formed group... but these guys certainly gave us a run for our money. Here's what happened.

ROUND ONE: ATK DEFEND

On this first round, we had very little idea of what to expect... but a torrent of 40mm nades from the front, and a pair of medics armed with M60's attacking from the ship quickly convinced us to take cover. They certainly got a fair amount of kills off on us, and they got one or two plants in, but they bled out before things got very interesting.

Result: ATK WIN

ROUND TWO: ATK ATTACK

After a little serverfuckery (thanks EA!) we managed to get into the server on the right map for the second round. For our first move, we tried to push down the right-hand side, only to get cut down by their defence behind the front of the ship. We kept pushing in, and eventually got fully wiped, 7 tickets down.

Our plan was similar with the second assault... get to the right and feint the same tactic, while heading towards the point. This was fairly effective, with two of them still camping behind the ship. We got in, and began to plant, starting to cover some ground. They disarmed a few times, but thanks to some timely revives from Mr Big, we managed to stay in-position to get the explosive off on the second or third attempt.

Moving in for the kill, we split into two groups... with the majority of the squad moving to the left behind cover, and Phantom went soloing up the main ramp, to cause a little hell. Surprisingly, we managed to reach the crate unnoticed while Phant was playing with the defence, and planted. We took cover in the house behind the point, and began defending the bombsite and, despite getting fragged a few times by a particularally annoying member of Venom (and his knife), they never managed to disarm it as we took the round.

Result: ATK WIN

Then the server crashed, and none of us could be bothered with the serverfuckery again, so...

FINAL RESULT: 2-0 to ATK!

Sidenote: Venom seem like pretty cool guys, and we're pretty evenly matched... once the ladder starts, things should get interesting...

MOTM: Mr.Big for selflessly discarding the snipes and picking up the defrib. We owe you our lives... or our spawn tickets.
    Last edited by D_K_Head; 15th March 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Re: ATK vs =VENOM=

Ill be online

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Ich be hurr.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Good luck guys! If it happens .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Good luck, although I wish Squad games were more than 4 players
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

You need me, the god of awesome and, AMG GAIS IM LAGGING OUT SHIT SHIT SHI.. Marshy has left the game

Writeup added. 2-0 to ATK. Go us.

Very indepth match report there DK

heh, cheers targ, I think I wrote too much

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

nah nah, thats fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

I enjoyed reading it

http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=337213

get signed up
    Last edited by Target; 16th March 2010 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    I enjoyed reading it

http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=337213

get signed up
    No.

Their rules are restrictive as hell. No M60, No nade launchers, no C4 on Mcoms or buildings, extra ammo ONLY, no body armour, only four of the maps allowed.

hell, you're probably not allowed to SNEEZE without penalty.

yeh i hadn't read the rules, clanbase is pretty shit really just popular, although the nade launcher is for noobs and you can c4 buildings just not mcom stations and the m60 is pretty op

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    No.

Their rules are restrictive as hell. No M60, No nade launchers, no C4 on Mcoms or buildings, extra ammo ONLY, no body armour, only four of the maps allowed.

hell, you're probably not allowed to SNEEZE without penalty.
    It's very restrictive but I don't think that's a totally bad thing, it's only stopping you from using the OP stuff (not sure about C4 though).

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Maybe, but I want plenty of time to experiment with equipment combos and teamwork before teams finish memorising the maps unrestricted... plus a ladder that imposes equipment rules will be changing during the first few patches. Plus the perks make things more interesting...

Maybe we'll switch to clanbase eventually (Or TWL if they get their act together anytime soon), but for now we'll stay in fraggednation.

The fact that the other teams in FN are about our skill-level is a good thing too...

Thread Information