Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: A New ATK!

  1. #16
    Deagle > Five-Seven VoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South East London, England
    Posts
    3,441

    Re: A New ATK!

    I like, will take a while to get used to, but I like indeed.


    Chalex, if you want a complete new sig give me an image or two to work with and a style and I'll see what I can do (Unless VH or Chaz beats me that is haha)


    Chaz, you need to delete the BG on your sig btw!

  2. #17

    Re: A New ATK!

    Very nice. I like

    Now being totally honest, it did take me a good 5 minuets of searching before i found the login :P

  3. #18

    Re: A New ATK!

    Very pretty!

  4. #19
    Community Manager Chazlene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    2,313
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: chazlene

    Re: A New ATK!

    Quote Originally Posted by VoX View Post
    Chaz, you need to delete the BG on your sig btw!
    Lol I would, if I could find the PSD.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."


    My Battlelog

  5. #20
    ATK Member ez64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wouldnt You Like To Know
    Posts
    1,759

    Re: A New ATK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Our gallery currently doesn't work on vBulletin 4, so I'm waiting for it to be updated. So, if someone wants to send me the image just upload it somewhere else and PM me the link . Cheers for doing that VH.

    ez64, I hate to break your heart but we aren't going back to a fluid width. This is far easier to use and has been specifically designed to look nice as it is. There was far too much empty space on the old site when using a big monitor.

    Finally, you'll find that when using Internet Explorer, the site isn't the fastest when scrolling. This is purely because IE sucks compared to Chrome, Opera or Firefox, where it's smooth as butter.

    60% of my screen is now wasted entirely on a graphic in the background and the remaining 40% is transparent.

  6. #21
    ATK Leadership Colonel Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North west - Barrow-in-furness
    Posts
    2,310
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Pierd1989

    Re: A New ATK!

    Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post
    60% of my screen is now wasted entirely on a graphic in the background and the remaining 40% is transparent.
    /agree

    I think the new backgrounds fine but seriously at least half the screen has nothing on it. If you dont want to make the forum fluid size thats fine but if the option is there for users to have it enabled, I like EZ would really prefer that...

    Just put opera to 200% zoom and these still space at the sides with nothing on it....

    Also theres no horizontal scroll bar so if u put in a window u cant move side to side without arrow keys =/

    Also its not clear enough which threads have new posts on the homepage and on the same note its not as easy to glance over the homepage and notice the different sections. Nothing particularly stands out.

    Other than that its not bad tho i very much dislike having the fixed width at 768 pixels or whatever it is...

    Also the shoutbox no longer supports editing which is lol.

    Also when clicking the "new post" button (on a thread name on the homepage, not the new posts button at the top), if its the new post isnt on page 1 its not working.
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 19th April 2010 at 06:10 PM.

  7. #22
    Administrator Chalex4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,706
    Gamer IDs

    XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

    Re: A New ATK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    I think the new backgrounds fine but seriously at least half the screen has nothing on it.
    If I included a fluid option, the background would need to change since it would be too distracting behind the text. For now, I think I'm just going to see how viable it would be to just increate the width by 60 pixels or so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    Also theres no horizontal scroll bar so if u put in a window u cant move side to side without arrow keys =/
    This is a bug. It came about when I set the login bar to STAY at the top of the site (and not scroll with you). I'm working on a fix.


    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    Also its not clear enough which threads have new posts on the homepage and on the same note its not as easy to glance over the homepage and notice the different sections. Nothing particularly stands out.
    I agree with this, and will be looking into making the thread titles stand out much more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    Also the shoutbox no longer supports editing which is lol.
    Our old shoutbox doesn't work with the new VB. I prefer this new version, but you can't edit inline. To edit your posts, simply go to the ChatBox Archives (it's on the dropdown).

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    Also when clicking the "new post" button (on a thread name on the homepage, not the new posts button at the top), if its the new post isnt on page 1 its not working.
    Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Perhaps a screenshot?
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

  8. #23
    ATK Leadership Colonel Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North west - Barrow-in-furness
    Posts
    2,310
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Pierd1989

    Re: A New ATK!

    this...


    doesnt work. makes it very annoying to find the newest post in a thread thats 15 pages long =/

  9. #24
    ATK Member ez64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wouldnt You Like To Know
    Posts
    1,759

    Re: A New ATK!

    Just got to force my new code userside now and change the colours but much better for me and dynamic for anyone of my screens -_-.



    Rebellion v2.0 also needs to replace the centering code I deleted for the nav bars
    Last edited by ez64; 19th April 2010 at 06:36 PM.

  10. #25
    Administrator Chalex4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,706
    Gamer IDs

    XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

    Re: A New ATK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    this doesnt work. makes it very annoying to find the newest post in a thread thats 15 pages long =/
    I completely hear you. It should now be fixed (the actual vbulletin file was wrong!).

    Each to their own ez, but there's still so much blank space on the right side of all the posts there!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

  11. #26
    ATK Member ez64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wouldnt You Like To Know
    Posts
    1,759

    Re: A New ATK!

    Just out of interest did you use separate css files as on the source version I had to create them.

  12. #27
    ATK Leadership Colonel Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North west - Barrow-in-furness
    Posts
    2,310
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Pierd1989

    Re: A New ATK!

    Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post
    Just got to force my new code userside now and change the colours but much better for me and dynamic for anyone of my screens -_-.



    Rebellion v2.0 also needs to replace the centering code I deleted for the nav bars
    So.... Glies..... rumour has it you no how to make the page stretch....

  13. #28
    ATK Member ez64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wouldnt You Like To Know
    Posts
    1,759

    Re: A New ATK!

    fasted way is these two,
    <td class="atk_body_left"></td>
    <td class="atk_body_center">

    and kill anything with transparent and the background image.

    Working on creating a modded CSS file that loads whenever I use the page.

  14. #29
    Administrator Chalex4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,706
    Gamer IDs

    XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

    Re: A New ATK!

    Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post
    Just out of interest did you use separate css files as on the source version I had to create them.
    There are about 75 different .css files . Have fun with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

  15. #30
    ATK Leadership Colonel Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North west - Barrow-in-furness
    Posts
    2,310
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Pierd1989

    Re: A New ATK!

    Quote Originally Posted by ez64 View Post
    fasted way is these two,
    <td class="atk_body_left"></td>
    <td class="atk_body_center">

    and kill anything with transparent and the background image.

    Working on creating a modded CSS file that loads whenever I use the page.
    I dont do this kind of stuff lol...... how do i go about doing that on client side?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Affiliates: LochTechMonster, Temple Millar, SamBigos, Addenda Provided, Prime Gaming, Petrol Smell, Game Sprays, Afterlife Gaming, L4D MapDB, Brawl Forum

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:47 AM. Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2024 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright Aim to Kill (ATK) 2014