Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

Re: Guild Wars 2

What are the current classes confirmed? I used to play ranger/monk, but if the assassin class is being transfered to GW2...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Yeah the image is horrible big, I know. Basically people think those are the concept art for the classes. So far they've been right if you look at the main website.

Right now the revealed classes are:
    Elementalist (fireballs, lightning bolts etc) - The bottom image obviously.
    Warrior (Swords and stuff) - the golden image.
    Ranger (Pets and bows) - the green image.

The grey image suggests the Assassin is back. The purple one the Mesmer and the blue one some sort of Cleric/Paladin, or basically a heavily armoured holy warrior class. That leaves two unknown professions but the guess is necromancer and probably an engineer type. Of course this is all pure speculation.

So there you go DK.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Are there high res versions of those Bloo? Would like some more wallpapers .

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Are there high res versions of those Bloo? Would like some more wallpapers .
    Probably, though it would require a lot of searching across the individual artists sites/ various GW forums. The Warrior, Ranger and Elementalist ones are available on the main site of course, as for the rest, guess you'll have to wait for the class reveals.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    Probably, though it would require a lot of searching across the individual artists sites/ various GW forums. The Warrior, Ranger and Elementalist ones are available on the main site of course, as for the rest, guess you'll have to wait for the class reveals.
    Yeah I guess so. Hope the assassin looks better than the stick men they were in GW1.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

I'm playing an Elementalist again. This time I won't be an Elementalist/Warrior though .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

My first was an Elementalist. Nowadays I tend to go for the Warrior type class, I like the playstyle, and they are generally quite good at farming stuff.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Hmmmm.... either assassin or ranger I'll play, all depends on who else plays which class really.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Personally I'll wait and see until all the classes have been revealed, but if the assassin/rogue/thief is existed, I might roll that for one char. And if the blue mace lady is a cleric-monk type, I'll roll one of those as well.

Of course if a necromancer class/ mesmer class exists I might have to go for one of those as well. Hmm.

So yeah, I'll wait and see.

Gamer IDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBETDTr4l_s

Some unofficial gameplay footage from gamescom. Looks quite good, a basic rundown (with some stuff already forgotten no doubt...)

- The interface is mostly certainly work in progress, my own personal opinion is that I wish the buttons were bigger, just because I remember them being big in GW and that stood out somehow, or something.
    - The game does look as pretty as the trailers make it out to be.
    - Camera seems more pulled in from the original GW, though this might have been the person demoing the event and not the camera in of itself.
    - Combat has a certain level of impact, though that first scene where the guy was ressing everyone didn't look that amazing if I'm honest. It got better towards the end though.
    - Those cannons look fun to use, I remember in a brief look at the trial for WAR I had fun with the cannons in that.
    - Map travel is back! Saving lots of pointless hours of walking once again, though I believe it will come with a small fee to stop it being abused.
    - I hope those enemies weren't attacking as part of the demonstration, hopefully in the full game when the players are retaking that fort it'll be a proper brawl rather than look like a piddly level one starter zone.
    - Looting enemies has gone from the more Diablo style system where items instantly drop on the ground, to looting the individual corpses. I guess that was pretty much a cert - having lots of item drops on a real Persistent world would probably cause problems.
    - A man walking past during the display had a nice hat. Not much else I can say about that really.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Some key information:
    About unresponsive AI: We were using cheat commands and were invisible, I repeat - we were invisible (and also immortal if i remember) . So the monsters did not see us at all.
    As far as I can tell, they were just checking everything worked. We should be seeing some real demos later today .

I am still really happy with what we can see though and it doesn't look like they've changed TOO much of the original GW winning forumla. Sure, it could probably do with some extra sprites when someone is resurrected, but it seems intentionally left out for now. As you say Bloo, the graphics are also really impressive. In fact, I fired up the original game at the weekend and that STILL looked amazing.

I'm also loving the map zooming. Really reminds me of RUSE. There wasn't enough gameplay to comment properly, but it didn't look boring that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Looks great.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Some key information:

As far as I can tell, they were just checking everything worked. We should be seeing some real demos later today .

I am still really happy with what we can see though and it doesn't look like they've changed TOO much of the original GW winning forumla. Sure, it could probably do with some extra sprites when someone is resurrected, but it seems intentionally left out for now. As you say Bloo, the graphics are also really impressive. In fact, I fired up the original game at the weekend and that STILL looked amazing.

I'm also loving the map zooming. Really reminds me of RUSE. There wasn't enough gameplay to comment properly, but it didn't look boring that's for sure.
    Yeah I just watched through it again, around the end when he's figthting the harpie and doing zero damage the presenter says the guy demoing it is invisible again. And the graphics are beautiful, they're the right level of fidelity and style imo.

And with map zooming, yeah I really like that as well, hopefully there will be a way of pulling it back far without going into map view, from the official trailers there is a lot of amazing scenery and I'd like to get a good view of it.

EDIT: Also, more gameplay footage!

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30947
    http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30949

The second has a person playing a necromancer, apparently their unique mechanic will be soul-reaping, which looks somewhat like adrenaline if I'm honest...
    Last edited by Bloo; 18th August 2010 at 04:26 PM.

Gamer IDs

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/111/1113687p1.html

A preview from IGN about how GW2 plays like. I particularly liked the bar room brawl moment in the human demonstration, sounds like something from a singleplayer RPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nzii9esvgI

Also here is a video of character customization, well not the part you would think, it's more your personal story bit.
    Last edited by Bloo; 18th August 2010 at 07:24 PM.

Gamer IDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar7feqQIr-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnV9ESWqlOA

Some more gameplay vids, haven't watched them yet so don't know what they're about.

Thread Information