Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Yay, its will have dedi support http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/108/1089672p1.html
    Also full trailer is out on teh 18th, preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcX7WJGRZYs
    Last edited by Target; 19th May 2010 at 03:50 PM.

Full trailer out yesterday http://www.callofduty.com/blackops?path=blackops
    Looks pretty good and rumours that there will be a beta as there was for WaW

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Look at the name on the right:

I think we can guess now what Black Op's controversial level will be.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

This game is actually starting to look pretty decent. I'll probably even buy it .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    This game is actually starting to look pretty decent. I'll probably even buy it .
    Just no...

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Just no...
    Agreed

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Quote Originally Posted by Chazlene View Post
    Look at the name on the right:

I think we can guess now what Black Op's controversial level will be.
    We'll get to re-enact the assassination of JFK? Nah it won't be that controversial all the right-wing elements of America will praise the death of that damn democrat liberal! Uhh.

I might buy if others do, coop campaign for the win.

Well I think we may be getting a beta + dedi servers + not console port = game might actually be good Will decide closer to the time when we actually know more about the game

Call of Duty: Black Ops will be getting dedicated servers, according to studio head Mark Lamia. This from the latest issue of PC Zone.

When asked if Call of Duty:Black Ops would have dedicated servers Lamia replied,

"I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to see them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to." "It seems people like them and we're excited about what we're doing right now."

"We do work very hard to reconcile the desire to manipulate and modify those dedicated servers with offering them the persistent experience and benefits that the console system provides."

"We're working very hard to marry those two things, so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."

This is good news for all PC gamers out there.
    Sounds like a step back-forward in the right direction, haven't been impressed with Treyarchs past work however.

USA Today has had a chance to talk with Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia and play through a demo level. The name of the level, "WMD," is set in 1968, during the height of the Cold War. In the level the player is using a scoped crossbow, and at one point they switch from a standard arrow tip on his crossbow to an explosive tip. The revels one of the franchise's new features: alternate ammo that can be changed on the fly. And you end the "WMD" level diving off a large cliff. Looks as if the pics below might be from that level.

They also reveal that the game will have a cooperative mode for two to four players and an online multiplayer mode. As for SP you will play as least two main characters in multiple covert international conflicts.
    Last edited by kneticz; 21st May 2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: failhard xD

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Yeah I agree, bringing dedis back is a great idea. It really seems like TA have taken note of all the compaints last time, and made sure the community lapped this one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Yeah I agree, bringing dedis back is a great idea. It really seems like TA have taken note of all the compaints last time, and made sure the community lapped this one up.
    Dedi's should be a requirement for any PC game. Just because they're now re-introducing them doesn't mean we should all fall in love with Treyarch. It's such a bogus trick, they take away what we want in MW2, then in the next game they give it all back and they seem like the good guys, when in fact they haven't done anything extra over CoD4, it's still regurgitated crap just a different setting with different models and story.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Dedi's should be a requirement for any PC game. Just because they're now re-introducing them doesn't mean we should all fall in love with Treyarch. It's such a bogus trick, they take away what we want in MW2, then in the next game they give it all back and they seem like the good guys, when in fact they haven't done anything extra over CoD4, it's still regurgitated crap just a different setting with different models and story.
    I doubt many people think of them as good guys, but pc gamers may feel that they're at least being acknowledged and listened too. Plus MW2 did add quite a fair bit, nothing ground breaking but it is on a similar scale to what Valve added in L4D2 over LD41 (cue everyone now jumping to Valve's defences at being perfect).

Valve are by no means perfect, I have still yet to complete all the L4D2 campaigns as it's no fun on your own and retardedly long trying to get on a server that's actually decent with others.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by VoX View Post
    Valve are by no means perfect, I have still yet to complete all the L4D2 campaigns as it's no fun on your own and retardedly long trying to get on a server that's actually decent with others.
    Goddamnit VoX! Now you make me want to jump to Valve's defence.

Don't flame Treyarch for actually listening and giving us what we want...obviously they jumped on it as a selling point but who cares it has DEDI !!!!! CoD5 which was made be treyarch was actually really good once they had released a few patches and there not like the money making whores at Activision and also they still need to produce a really good game otherwise more people are going to stop buying games that they make, they need this to be bigger than CoD4 so hopefully they'll have made the effort (ah rant over)

Thread Information