Thread: Taking a screenshot

ATK Member

Taking a screenshot

I tried searching the forum, seems my search terms are too specific or too broad..

anyway, what software do you guys use for taking a screenshot and what button do u assign to it?

i googled a bit and it seems there is a multitude of the things, all ranging from freeware to paid software and id rather just ask and see what people have as its tried and tested then.

the reason i ask is that i played some BC2, and wanted to take a screenshot, tried the old way of pressing print screen and then pasting it into paint/word, but it just wasnt having it, gave me an empty box instead...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: Taking a screenshot

http://www.fraps.com/

I think the free version can take screenshots, but I have have the paid version and you can record anything as well. I have the screenshot key as F8, then F9 F10 F11 F12 all do video recording/fps count display etc. Lots of games do have a screenshot feature as well, take a look in the keybinding section.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

ATK Member

well that was certainly quick, thanks

im looking into fraps now, seems to do more than i need but if it does what i want then all good

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Hayt View Post
    well that was certainly quick, thanks

im looking into fraps now, seems to do more than i need but if it does what i want then all good
    It's really light-weight, runs with windows in the background and you just need to press F8 whenever you want to take a screenshot.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Just be sure to turn off the benchmarking tools (the FPS counter in the corner is the most obvious)

And I've noticed many games now are running above the layer that print screen captures, or something like that, all my 2009/10 games, when I press print screen it shows me my desktop o.o

Anyway, yeah, as Phantom said, fraps is the best out there at the moment, whatever anyone says.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Thread Information