Continuing with my objective to help the community become more active within the wider gaming community, I am introducing the competitive side back to ATK. I will be doing this by establishing (and somewhat reviving the respective section) a team-based clan within the community.

When I made my initial plea for activity and changes, a majority of the community, to my dismay, acted with indifference, hostility and a seeming lack of enthusiasm. However, there were some amongst you that expressed an interest in returning to our individual game roots from BRS and early C2G. Therefore, I will follow up on this interest by allowing certain members to apply to become involved with the project.

However, this will NOT be an 'open house' project. Once the games that we wish to compete in are decided, try-outs will take place and those who earn their place on the team will be invited to participate (matches when possible and practices two times a week minimum) Those who do not meet the requirements of the appointed leaders (most likely not myself) will be rejected and will not be involved with that project. The leaders that will be appointed will be active within the community as a whole, dedicated to the goal of achieving competitive success, relatively skiled at the game, able to manage a team well and interested in expanding the project as a whole.

This isn't to say that if you fail to get into a team this time, that you can't be a part of a future expansion. My endgame goal for this is to have competitive teams set up for a multitude of games, even some with two teams as a reserve lineup. But to begin with, I will be looking to establish a team in at least one game, but two if there is enough interest.

And this is what I ask you to respond with now - do you have an interest in possibly being a part of this project? If so, I need the following from you, posted below:

1. Games that you would be interested in playing competitively
  2. Possible names for the 'clan' (Whilst we will be affiliated with ATK, this will not be under the ATK name or mantra)
  3. Time periods available for practice and matches
  4. Are you interested in leading a team (which games) or simply being a team member?