Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Competive Clan Establishment - Prelim Discussion

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Competive Clan Establishment - Prelim Discussion

Continuing with my objective to help the community become more active within the wider gaming community, I am introducing the competitive side back to ATK. I will be doing this by establishing (and somewhat reviving the respective section) a team-based clan within the community.

When I made my initial plea for activity and changes, a majority of the community, to my dismay, acted with indifference, hostility and a seeming lack of enthusiasm. However, there were some amongst you that expressed an interest in returning to our individual game roots from BRS and early C2G. Therefore, I will follow up on this interest by allowing certain members to apply to become involved with the project.

However, this will NOT be an 'open house' project. Once the games that we wish to compete in are decided, try-outs will take place and those who earn their place on the team will be invited to participate (matches when possible and practices two times a week minimum) Those who do not meet the requirements of the appointed leaders (most likely not myself) will be rejected and will not be involved with that project. The leaders that will be appointed will be active within the community as a whole, dedicated to the goal of achieving competitive success, relatively skiled at the game, able to manage a team well and interested in expanding the project as a whole.

This isn't to say that if you fail to get into a team this time, that you can't be a part of a future expansion. My endgame goal for this is to have competitive teams set up for a multitude of games, even some with two teams as a reserve lineup. But to begin with, I will be looking to establish a team in at least one game, but two if there is enough interest.

And this is what I ask you to respond with now - do you have an interest in possibly being a part of this project? If so, I need the following from you, posted below:

1. Games that you would be interested in playing competitively
    2. Possible names for the 'clan' (Whilst we will be affiliated with ATK, this will not be under the ATK name or mantra)
    3. Time periods available for practice and matches
    4. Are you interested in leading a team (which games) or simply being a team member?

Re: Competive Clan Establishment - Prelim Discussion

I'm sure there's a market out there for Killing Floor competetive teams, (I'm sure there's a mutator that allows for two groups of 6 to try and survive competitively, and if not, I don't think it'd be hard to write)

And a TF2 team would be great, I'd happily do some organising for either.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Ok, I've been thinking of running a TF2 team outside of ATK with a few friends from school for a good month and a bit now, yet due to exams I have been delayed and busy at arranging things. With exams out of the way (since late last week) i was going to set up a TF2 team. But if everyone is in agreement I will make this team a "part of" ATK with me and DE in charge.

Yet with this way we will have the try-outs as Oric previously stated which I'm guessing community members will want to join, will go through this process.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Would be happy to play TF2 or CSS, or even CS 1.6 - tho the remaining clans on 1.6 tend to be LOL PRO.

Could possibly lead CSS but generally im better at taking orders than giving them.

Gamer IDs

I do recall discussing that with you DP before, and I would be happy to let you take charge of that team. We would thusly be looking for one more team of some sort. Judging by the communities roots and current playing patterns, I would suggest either a CSS team be created or a revival of the old BC2 team?

This post will be updated when more things get decided and interest is registered.

DP - TF2 Team Leader
    Col. Mitch - TF2/CSS Team Player

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

I'll play for anything. Don't really want to lead though.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

pfff css is for pro's Summet fun like l4D killing Floor or get BC2 sorted

ATK Member

Hey hey, Tf2 team sounds good to me.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

I can't be arsed leading or organising matches or anything, but I'll play in a Killing Floor team if it's somehow possible and in a Napoleon: Total War one, but yeah that aint happening. And names... why not stick with BRS? But make it stand for something different, 'British Rogue Squadron' sounds ridiculous and doesn't make much sense.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

I say we should have a Killing Floor team. I can imagine it being ALOT of fun heavily organised on Suicidal/Long
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Two names which were suggested (and likely will be the choice) was either for 'Commence Logic' or the latin word for logic, which temporarily escapes me. BRS did come up as well, and we will have a poll on it sometime next week.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Thanks for going ahead on this Oricalcos, it'll be nice to have some competition back in the community.

I believe we already have a TF2 Team forum, but I'll give out mod rights once the leadership is decided. I'm also perfectly happy to sort out extra forums if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

I definetly want to be in the tf2 team jacob was mentioning Also ill play in a CSS team (although i probs won't be good enough)

and ill be glad to try out
    Last edited by Toasty-Sloth; 28th June 2010 at 11:08 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Quote Originally Posted by Chazlene View Post
    I can't be arsed leading or organising matches or anything, but I'll play in a Killing Floor team if it's somehow possible and in a Napoleon: Total War one, but yeah that aint happening. And names... why not stick with BRS? But make it stand for something different, 'British Rogue Squadron' sounds ridiculous and doesn't make much sense.
    Someone changed their tune, it was because of you we had to shoehorn British into it!

Gamer IDs

In terms of the name, a revival of BRS and Commense Logic are the two frontrunners, and there will likely be a poll later this week (possibly tomorrow) to see which people like more, but if anyone has any more suggestions, post them up and we can add them to the vote (which will be multiple choice). Remember that we are looking for a relatively serious name that will be an umbrella name for all of our competitive teams. That doesn't mean it can't have some fun within it, but let's not make it 'Lol spazed out spack deck dance super general wackjob' silly.

@Chalex, in terms of the TF2 forum, Darkpidgeon and Darkeagle will be running it. I was aware several weeks before posting this that they were making arrangements to restart the team up, and as it was these guys who ran the team successfully last time, I have no hesitation in giving them the leadership to it. In terms of forum arrangement, I'll send you a PM as to what the formatting requirements will be.

Back to everyone, it would appear that CSS and Killing Floor are the most popular two teams for the other team. As with the name, a poll is likely, and if support emerges for another game (BC2....), then I am deffo open to adding it into the conversation.
    Last edited by Isphera; 29th June 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Thread Information