Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The fuse has gone out.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

The fuse has gone out.

The fuse on our skull-bomb logo thing has gone out, or less metaphorically, while I was over at Chalex's today starting to design the shirts for i40, we decided that our logo is shit and we're gonna make a new one.

There were several reasons for this; firstly, the dimensions for the skull bomb are actually very rectangular rather than square which means it's a pain in the arse to use in anything, and secondly none of us have really grown an attachment to it. Seriously, I made that logo around 3 years ago and has anyone come up with a name for it? And lastly a sleep-deprived looking deformed skull with a burning wick doesn't really relate to the name 'Aim To Kill' much at all.

Because of these reasons our current logo has only really been used in the header and the I-series shirts, so Chalex and I decided we needed something that relates to our name better, and can be incorporated more around the site. After a lot of awful sketches, we came up with the idea of a winged bullet. Something like this which I quickly threw together:

Of course it will contain more detail, I maybe even make it appear 3D, but the above image is a good idea of how the logo might appear on the t-shirts. So give your opinions guys, whether you love it or hate it, or just any suggestions to how it could be changed. And also most importantly, if you know of an existing logo for a clan or anything else which is a winged bullet, just say.

Finally we also decided that the community from now on is just 'ATK' rather than 'Aim To Kill', since no one actually calls it by the latter, so the shirts for i40 and the updated header will just say 'ATK' on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Re: The fuse has gone out.

the bullet itself isnt pointy enough.

google image search L17A2 and/ or RG 07

Gamer IDs

I didn't want to make it too pointy since we'd end up with the same problem I had with the skull logo, which was that it's too tall, and thus impossible to fit into icons or anything.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Chazlene's already said what I think . This new kickass logo should really help to boost ATK so that people will now recognise us by our winged bullet. The skull just never really took off for some reason. It will look awesome on our tshirts too.

Good job on the quick photoshopping Chaz! Oh, and I don't really think the bullet should be sharper. It might be worth trying it out though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

When it's coloured I guess it will look better, but something just seems wrong about it. Looks like a terrorist group logo.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Version 2 of the logo:

As you can see I made the shell casing shorter, the tip pointier and the whole thing's more rounded.

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Assuming Chalex will implement it regardless of whether we all like it or not, might I recommend a white gradiented outline. Make it stand out a bit. Obviously, if your putting it on white T-Shirts (a mistake to begin with), then it won't come out, but it would look a lot better. Unless of course your adding colours to it later on, in which case just ignore the above.

I really don't see why we need to change though.

@ Mitch

You mean the AG36 copy?

@ Chaz

Looks nice, I won't be a douche and pick out pointless stuff for no reason; but perhaps the casing neck (the / \ bit) could be a little lower, with the bit above that retaining a shallow gradient, and making the round look a little wider?

Just my personal input
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Assuming Chalex will implement it regardless of whether we all like it or not, might I recommend a white gradiented outline. Make it stand out a bit. Obviously, if your putting it on white T-Shirts (a mistake to begin with), then it won't come out, but it would look a lot better. Unless of course your adding colours to it later on, in which case just ignore the above.
    The shirts aren't going to white.. they're gonna be a similar red to what we have already in the eyes of the skull and the 'post new thread' button, hopefully just a bit duller. We though the logo on the shirt would have the bullet black and the wings white, thoughts on that guys?

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    @ Mitch

You mean the AG36 copy?
    I just read the code number off the bullets I have on my desk xD

Also chaz thats much more representative of a bullet now ^^ GJ

Tho i mu=st say i agree with the terrorist group seintemnt

Not sure white wings and black bullet would look good on a red shirt... Still, I'll wait for the mockup before commenting on that.

Bullet looks pretty good, certainly unique, but it seems... Lacking. Prehaps another layer underneath for some noise? (got any decent alpha brushes?)

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_Head View Post
    Bullet looks pretty good, certainly unique, but it seems... Lacking. Prehaps another layer underneath for some noise? (got any decent alpha brushes?)
    The images I have posted are just meant to give you a simple idea of what Chalex and I came up with, of course the final thing will have more detail, especially the version that will go in the header.

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Added some gloss, the glow is there just so it stands out better for now:

Instead of being white on the shirt, the gloss bits would probably look better if they were just hollow, with the red material of the shirt showing through.
    Last edited by Chazlene; 11th July 2010 at 04:12 PM.

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Chazlene View Post
    Added some gloss, the glow is there just so it stands out better for now:

Instead of being white on the shirt, the gloss bits would probably look better if they were just hollow, with the red material of the shirt showing through.
    That actually looks awesome.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Amazing! Loving it . I like how the top of the bullet and wings are no longer aligned.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Thread Information