Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Starcraft 2

There's been some discussion in the chatbox about this, so I thought I'd make a new thread. I was surprised that many of you didn't know it had been released, with it being the biggest PC exclusive title in the past few years, and sequel to the most popular RTS ever.

Personally, I am in love with this game. It does everything right, and that for me justifies the £35 price tag they are charging for it. The campaign is incredibly polished, with unit upgrades you buy from research points and credits you earn from doing missions. Between each mission you are returned to the ship which is fully rendered in 3D where most of the cut scenes happen, and you can upgrade your army and replay earlier missions. Each mission has 3 achievements for it which add something extra to aim for, from simple things like complete the mission in a short time, or things like destroy the enemy base in a defense mission. I can't really describe how polished and fantastic each mission is. Every mission has a different theme, no two are even similar. You can tell this is one of the biggest budget games ever made.

Moving on to multiplayer, the quality from the singleplayer has been kept up. When you start, you can play up to 50 unranked practice matches to learn the ropes, after that you play 5 placement matches, after which it ranks you either as copper, silver, gold, platinum, or diamond, and that's the league you play in, and it will match you with other people of similar rank. It's like the perfect league system build right into the game. If you want to play 2v2, it's as easy as adding you friend through Battle.net, adding him to your party, and doing the same thing as you do for 1v1, but for 2v2. It's really very effective.

So, anyone who has it, what do you think? I'm on the second to last mission at the moment and it's getting very hard, and i'm getting good at the multiplayer, classed in gold in both 1v1 and 2v2 (with trigger).

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

Re: Starcraft 2

i played the beta, i did not really like multiplayer :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Once I've reformatted my PC (tonight) I'm going to give the trial a shot. I think I played the original starcraft without knowing it, and absolutely loved it.

I'm not usually very good at these games, but this could be a good laugh at i40 if a few of us have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

The entire country of South Korea has already completed the game on every difficulty and have created a thousand strategies to counter each and every other strategy they have created.

There is no try.

There is no hope.

The Koreans have won.

But joking aside, I might look into it for i40, might be a laugh.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    The Koreans have won.
    This.

I may pick up a copy next week most possibly, loved Warcraft 2/3, so wouldn't see why i shouldn't fall in love with this.

I might try it out, never played Starcraft and being a fan of RTS might be worth trying it

Gamer IDs

I doubt many Koreans have even touched the campaign.

Gamer IDs

Bump, if you play SC2 can you tell me your RealID so I can add you? Character name is Calneon, code 474.

Playing the campaign its pretty good, might buy the game when I have the moneys :P Might have to try the multiplayer out first though

Gamer IDs

Multiplayer is great, i'd recommend it.

Gamer IDs

For those of you that haven't tried this, it is a MUST. I've played through quite a few of the missions on the trial, and that really gave me a taste for the depth that this game has.

I played on "Hard"...and I definitely had to retry a lot of the missions . It's a good challenge though, and the addictive gameplay helps to draw you in.

I was a little surprised by the graphics when I first started playing, as they definitely look dated. The lower build area also seems to be a little too big for my liking. Once I got into a proper battle though, I realsed why. The unit limit is so large that you can end up having hundreds on your screen at the same time. This certainly lowers your FPS, but not half as badly as it would if the graphics were crysis-like.

All in all, I'll be grabbing this on play.com soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    For those of you that haven't tried this, it is a MUST. I've played through quite a few of the missions on the trial, and that really gave me a taste for the depth that this game has.

I played on "Hard"...and I definitely had to retry a lot of the missions . It's a good challenge though, and the addictive gameplay helps to draw you in.

I was a little surprised by the graphics when I first started playing, as they definitely look dated. The lower build area also seems to be a little too big for my liking. Once I got into a proper battle though, I realsed why. The unit limit is so large that you can end up having hundreds on your screen at the same time. This certainly lowers your FPS, but not half as badly as it would if the graphics were crysis-like.

All in all, I'll be grabbing this on play.com soon.
    It's an awesome game and I ran through the campaign in a day as I loved the old one and wc3, its still on 1/10th of the scale of supcom 2 though.#

Definatly worth a meetup online for have we got a place to keep ID's on games?

Gamer IDs

Just trade battle.net emails.

Could be worth having a space on the profiles for it or do we already.

Gamer IDs

We don't have a place for battle.net names, but as there aren't a huge amount of us who play it why don't we just use a thread?

Thread Information