Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Orchestra: Heroes Of Stalingrad

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Red Orchestra: Heroes Of Stalingrad

This is from the guys who made the original Red Orchestra (a realistic WW2 team based FPS on the Unreal engine), and also Killing Floor. They've been making a sequel to RO, and here are some videos from GamesCom showing off the new game. Currently set for release in Q2 2011.

It looks like the new game also has a singleplayer campaign, whereas the first was solely multiplayer. First thing I noticed from the videos is how great the game looks. I think it's being built on the Unreal engine. Take a look:

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xei1tx_red-orchestra-2-presentation-de-gam_videogames?additionalInfos=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xei1tx_red-orchestra-2-presentation-de-gam_videogames?additionalInfos=0" width="480" height="270" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xei1tx_red-orchestra-2-presentation-de-gam_videogames">Red Orchestra 2 : Presentation de Gamplay part 1 (Cam)</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/GamersFrance">GamersFrance</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/channel/videogames">Check out more gaming videos.</a></i>

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xei1v8_red-orchestra-2-presentation-de-gam_videogames?additionalInfos=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xei1v8_red-orchestra-2-presentation-de-gam_videogames?additionalInfos=0" width="480" height="270" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xei1v8_red-orchestra-2-presentation-de-gam_videogames">Red Orchestra 2 : Presentation de Gamplay part 2 (Cam)</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/GamersFrance">GamersFrance</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/channel/videogames">Discover more gaming videos.</a></i>

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: Red Orchestra: Heroes Of Stalingrad

Didn't like the first RO that much during the free weekends that they ran a couple years back, but I am very into the WW2 era for FPS's, so will deffo be checking this one out. From what I can remember, RO1 was a little to complicated at the start to make it fun, and just sorta left it by the wayside - hopefully something they can fix for this one.

Singleplayer mode also sounds win.

I'm not much into FPS I still like CS...

Apparantly it's like a stupidly realistic WWII shooter, so, anyone who knows me will know that i love it.

I read in PCGamer about the guy getting the gun shot out of his hands, and him grovelling around trying to find it ended up with him getting buckshotted in the back of the head.

Good times xD
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

New stuff from PAX.

Screenshots

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Or stomach shots, which mean you're going to die and there is nothing you can do about it... but still have to wait until it happens. Depressing good times!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Falling in love by the second with this.

looks very cod2 :S

<3 will be getting.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

More videos. Can't wait for this, probably going to be the biggest multiplayer shooter after BF3 for me.

Looks great, may make up for the PvP that ArmA lacked

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Looks great, may make up for the PvP that ArmA lacked
    I don't think it's anything like ArmA. It's more realistic than CoD or BF but nothing on Arma's scale.

Oh really?

I just got the impression from a review of RO1 in PC Gamer that it was horiffically realistic, I've not played it though so I can't really comment.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Oh really?

I just got the impression from a review of RO1 in PC Gamer that it was horiffically realistic, I've not played it though so I can't really comment.
    It's realistic, but it's still deathmatch style games on small (relative to Arma) maps.

Ah, fair enough, still, definately a game I'll consider getting, just way too many awesome games coming out this and next year

Thread Information