Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naming! TheATKReview, ATKReport or ATKCrits ?

Re: Naming! TheATKReview, ATKReport or ATKCrits ?

I Would actually be up for this, i was thinking of maybe doing reviews or new albums or music gigs ? Obviously wouldn't be often for the gig reviews, but would mix up the reviews a bit and make for a wider following? Also i think ATKVerdict looks good to me

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Gigs won't work so well, but albums could, although it's all subjective and will provide polarizing reviews for some stuff, e.g I would give any Justin Bieber album a 'Go Hear It!' rating of 0/10, but Chalex would give it 8 or 9 simply on the fact he is under 18.

Personally, none of them stand out to me, especially "ATKverdict.com", sounds Russian. In Soviet Russia... (You see where this is going...)

Having ATK in there makes it especially difficult to think of a web domain that sounds good tbf. I suppose I could grow to like "TheATKtest"

I also think it'd be a great idea to feature a wide variety of media, from new and upcoming music albums/games/movies, even TV shows, and recent world news maybe. Personally, I don't think I'd be active enough to post such things, but that's my own personal opinion.
    Last edited by Snerfs; 1st September 2010 at 03:58 PM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

If it has to have ATK in it, ATKverdict i think sounds by far the best.

On another note I'd love to do some professinal reviews - i really enjoyed doing the L4D review i did a few years back
    Last edited by Colonel Mitch; 1st September 2010 at 03:49 PM.

Gamer IDs

And I my WoW review.

And I my many ancient games
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

ATKAssess.com

...hehe...

I'd be up for writing up something, or knocking up a video to go with a spoken review, etc. Give me a shout if you're still looking, Chal.

It actually seems like a good idea. I mean, most of us have written reviews or articles up before seperately... Putting them all in the same place (that isn't a forum) would be kind of cool.

Gamer IDs

I did a video guide in 3 parts on youtube for forza 3 to show oric the customisation. That was fun.

Wouldnt mind doing video reviews of stuff

i really really want to be part of this

ive done reviews before and got mostly good feedback.

I'd do fighting games, shooting games, "casual/indie" games and puzzle games

EDIT: Oh and i think ATKVerdict sounds good to me
    Last edited by Toasty-Sloth; 1st September 2010 at 11:41 PM.

I was thinking about this today and anything really with ATk in the title kinda didnt sound right...can you not make it .atk or something
    I think you should decide on a name chalex it will be a lot easier

theatkverdict.com this i like

Gamer IDs

OK, following a conversation with Chalex last night, that some of you were present for, I have decided to withdraw participation from this project.

Essentially, it revolves around the exclusivity of the stuff we write and where we are allowed and not allowed to post it in regard to our blogs. What it boils down to is that if I write stuff for this site, I would not be able to have it on Addenda Provided, only a copied paragraph and a link to the article on the ATK site. In order to make this appealing to me, I would need a complete parallel for content, because AddendaProvided is my main content outlet, and if that has to be compromised in order to provide content to another site over Addenda, then I cannot be a part of it.

The other thing is the idea I had behind Addenda was that I would literally just transcribe what is in my head, so it may not always be clean or PG or PC, but it would be an honest, independent opinion, which is what I believe I would lose if I joined this venture. Nik said most of the arguments last night and it revolved around the procurement of the review code from companies and what it may entail to begin with or be part of the agreement of the code, and regardless of if that is the case or not, I would prefer to remove any form of influence of that on my writing so I can continue to create as many awesome idioms as I can to describe truly terrible products and then chase them out of town, over being asked to dial it down in order to appease sponsors.

I'm guessing this will be quoted and I will get a couple posts below saying I'm wrong or that I haven't thought about something, etc. However, unlike what I usually do on these forums, I'm actually not going to respond. I've pretty much made my mind up on this, and unless something significant changes that appeals me back to this idea (free games a week early is not one of them), then I won't be reading this thread again.
    Last edited by Isphera; 2nd September 2010 at 12:04 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    I'm guessing this will be quoted and I will get a couple posts below saying I'm wrong or that I haven't thought about something, etc. However, unlike what I usually do on these forums, I'm actually not going to respond. I've pretty much made my mind up on this, and unless something significant changes that appeals me back to this idea (free games a week early is not one of them), then I won't be reading this thread again.
    Your wrong. You havent thought about anything.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

That's fine Oric, don't know why you needed to be quite so grumpy about it though . Let me remind you all that this review part of ATK is not going to be an easy ride. All reviewers will have deadlines to meet and it must be to a very high quality. I think we'll even go the route of having everything proof-read to begin with.

Obviously if it all pays off then ATK will benefit hugely in terms of activity, but I hope you're all dedicated to this idea as much as I am.

Tonight I hope to get started on the new site. I'm currently very up in the air with the name. It NEEDS to be part of ATK as we are the community behind it, but I don't want a rubbish name. I'm sure I'll think of something that fits the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    OK, following a conversation with Chalex last night, that some of you were present for, I have decided to withdraw participation from this project.

Essentially, it revolves around the exclusivity of the stuff we right and where we are allowed and not allowed to post it in regard to our blogs. What it boils down to is that if I write stuff for this site, I would not be able to have it on Addenda Provided, only a copied paragraph and a link to the article on the ATK site. In order to make this appealing to me, I would need a complete parallel for content, because AddendaProvided is my main content outlet, and if that has to be compromised in order to provide content to another site over Addenda, then I cannot be a part of it.

The other thing is the idea I had behind Addenda was that I would literally just transcribe what is in my head, so it may not always be clean or PG or PC, but it would be an honest, independent opinion, which is what I believe I would lose if I joined this venture. Nik said most of the arguments last night and it revolved around the procurement of the review code from companies and what it may entail to begin with or be part of the agreement of the code, and regardless of if that is the case or not, I would prefer to remove any form of influence of that on my writing so I can continue to create as many awesome idioms as I can to describe truly terrible products and then chase them out of town, over being asked to dial it down in order to appease sponsors.

That's perfectly fine Oric, it's your choice.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Thread Information