Thread: Up on tech news?

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Up on tech news?

Well maybe you can help! I'm playing around with the idea of having the ATK review site include some of the latest gadget/game news as well, but I can't do it without you guys!

Originally I had discounted this idea when considering an online "ATK Magazine", but today I've actually quite come around to it. We need something to fill the void between review updates .

So, who's interested in posting NEWS? You can be a reviewer as well if you have that much time!

What I'd like to know is how many news updates you expect you'd post PER WEEK, and what category you think would suit you best (pc hardware, games, software, gadgets etc).

If enough of you are interested, then I'll think further about how we can make this really work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: Up on tech news?

I could be interested, but I'm assuming the same restriction will apply on content for this regarding blogs as it did for the other - so count me out :S

Sure why not;

I normally scout out software news, with a little physics etc. but that's not very relevant x3
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

I'd be willing to help out with as many articles as the current news allows (minimum of 2 a week, I guess), provided Games, Mods and Events are valid topics.

Truth be told, I'm kind of bored anyway.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Just a thought, to make this work better maybe certain people should be assigned specific developers or games to post news about, i.e I could post news about Total War games, Bloo could post about Bioware, Target about COD... since if we post about games we like then we'd probably have looked up all the information anyway just out of interest, so no extra effort will have to be made.
    Last edited by Chazlene; 17th September 2010 at 06:46 PM.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

I can do stuff with the hardcore sim community; seeing as that's basically what I play x3
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    I can do stuff with the hardcore sim community; seeing as that's basically what I play x3
    Yeh but it has to have a general appeal VH, not just 1 man in a room living his fantasy..Oric, but I like this suggestion Chazlene

*middle finger* XD

Things like iRacing and F1 2010 comes under sim Target, and the technology that people are coming up with in the sim community is /extremely/ interesting, but then again Target, I doubt you'd find anything intellectual interesting ^^,

You've tried iRacing? Was going to give that a shot, but there was no trial, and a wheel required, so I thought of a phrase similar to the word "Bucket" and just played GRID.

And I'd probably be interested in covering sourcemods, shite microtransaction MMOs, DICE's stuff, valve's stuff, various racing games, etc. Because, you know, that's pretty much what I play.

Thread Information