Thread: Broadband

Broadband

Recently changing flat at uni has lead me into the mine field that is finding a isp. The problem is there all different prices, limit their users differently and have good and bad provision.
    Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions, unfortunately where I have moved to we can no longer get fiberoptic even though its only a few yards from where we lived last year :s

I have think Sky and Be are offering the best deals, just wondered if you guys could recommend anyone

p.s. Don't need a TV package

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: Broadband

First tip - do not use TalkTalk/Tiscali/Nildram/Whatever umbrella term they use next.

That said, I have never heard a bad thing said about Be, so it will be worth checking them out. If my dad didn't have a Virgin fetish, then I'd persuade him to switch to Be instead.
    Last edited by Isphera; 17th September 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Yeh I think there the only option, was looking at SKY then and it said you could get 0.5meg :s and BE said 11meg. I use to have tiscali and never had a problem tbh, never got any disconnects and they always made it work if it ever broke I must have been one of the lucky ones

BE broadband are amazing, cheap unlimited (true unlimited, btw) - they offer an excellent service and are affiliated with O2 iirc, I'd definately recommend them mate
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    Recently changing flat at uni has lead me into the mine field that is finding a isp. The problem is there all different prices, limit their users differently and have good and bad provision.
    Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions, unfortunately where I have moved to we can no longer get fiberoptic even though its only a few yards from where we lived last year :s

I have think Sky and Be are offering the best deals, just wondered if you guys could recommend anyone

p.s. Don't need a TV package
    I'm surprised it's you who wrote that, didn't know you spoke English that well

No but seriously... definitely go for Demon.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Go with BE or virgin (but only virgin if your gunna get teh max package)

Sky sucks, Virgin is pretty good, and I have no idea what BE is...

If it's BT though, that sucks too.

bt isnt that bad good for me usualy get 1mbs dl speed

That's because you live in London. And in London, that's a shocking speed, my school in bumpkin land gets a faster connection than that.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

He could be 1 megabyte/s which is not bad.

BE are whoresome and I think they are not part of the 02 group now (part of telefonica)

Ok, it's not terrible for london; but in comparison to my friends in London, it's not exactly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    Ok, it's not terrible for london; but in comparison to my friends in London, it's not exactly awesome.
    Ya but i'd rather trade a couple of mb/s for clean ish air coming through our windows

if it's fast enough to take the same time to download as it does to watch its fast enough. Considering its already 10x that or more im not really bothered about the extra xxxxmb/s.

Still be there sync 24mb/s all over the uk thats still a tasty potential 3mb/s and if you have a load balanced second line thats 6mb/s potential
    Last edited by ez64; 17th September 2010 at 06:44 PM.

Yeh think BE it is just got to get it ordered, ty for the help and yes chazlene my english is awesome yeh? I will report how awesome / fail the net is when its installed

Thread Information