Thread: League of Legends

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

League of Legends

Yeah yeah yeah, i know this game's info has been posted here before and all that, but let me make a second attempt

League of Legends, its in the same spirit as DotA, you choose a champion (hero, whatever) and the teams consist of five players or three players, you play the game almost just like dota, the graphics are kinda strangy but not bad actually. You play the game just like dota, there are 2 sides, 2 bases, towers on every lane and creeps.
    You gain xp for killing the creeps and other palyers, you level up to maximum of level 18. You get one point for each level and distribute that to your skills which have 5 levels per skill maximum.
    There are two maps, one is a 3 lane map (that looks like the original DotA map) and also another 2 lane map which is new in this game.

There are shitloads of champions in the game but there is one catch, you dont get them all, every week there are champions selected randomly to be free, otherwise you will have to purchase the champions with "Riot Points" (which is an ingame currency to purchase things and costs real life money) but also you can purchase champions for "Influence Points" which are points you gain for playing a match, you get around 85-115 Influence Points for a win and a little more than half that for a loss, also for every win every 22hours you get a "First win of the day" bonus which gives you around 255IP points for a win. Then to the champion costs, the cheapest champions are 450IP, which is not expensive but there are not many champions for that price IMO the cheap champions are actually good and they do not SUCK ASS, also the next price range would be 1350IP, then 3150IP and then finally 6300IP (6300IP is well then around 63wins, not counting the first win of the day bonus) At first getting IP for champions is going to seem slow, but once you start playing a few games the points are gonna be flying in!

Moving on, there are levels in this game, you gain XP for every played match, you ofcourse gain more exp for wins, levels i suppose are a way to determine with what people you end up playing with in matchmaking, (you can ofcourse play with your friends in parties) anyway with each level you get a talent point or a "mastery point" mastery points are used for Offense, Defensive and Utility trees, Offense is usually damage bonuses, definsive are well... definsive bonuses, and utility is like mana regen, more xp gain (ingame ofc, not for winning the match :P), longer buff duration, stuff like that. Also in the game are "Runes" you can use these to enhance you, you can purchase runes only for IP and they will give you a little bonus (bear in mind that these bonuses are very small) Also bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh blehh bleh!

I Suggest you try the game, i used to be a HoNLover but then my friends nudged me to play this damn game, i really enjoyed it and got sucked it, also the community in lol does not shoot you in the leg for buying the wrong item ingame... :P

Anyway my catch here is that if you want to try it, please sign up using THIS REFERRAL LINK!!! Post in this thread if you have an account i would love to play with you guys

Feel free to shit on my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Re: League of Legends

I played a few games, wasn't bad.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

yeah, the first time i tried it, i was like hon so much better bleh bleh bleh, but then i went back into LoL and well i really got into it!
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

Gamer IDs

all heroes in LoL are free this weekend! GOGO SIGN UP!

Might give it a try at some point, although I'm sure I have said this before about this game

Bought the game ages ago havent played it recently because the people I played it with have stopped.

Will be free tomorrow for a mass game if anyone else is in?
    Last edited by ez64; 9th October 2010 at 08:11 PM.

Gamer IDs

sure, i play daily, and usually with two or three friends!

you have more than 1 friend :O

Gamer IDs

/internet bitch slap!

Thread Information