Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATK Community Minecraft Server!

ATK Community Minecraft Server!

Greetings minecraftians,

I'm sure that most of you have by now tried this game and/or have purchased it! After playing on many servers i have found that tight communities have been created without the aid of forums / communities.

After talking it over with Chalex we have decided that it MIGHT be a good idea to create an ATK Minecraft server that would offer a place for us / public to create and express themselves.

In addition subscribing to the silver subscription or above on ATK would grant you special status on the server which would entitle you to warping / other fun and useful things on the server.

This is simple me asking, How many of you would be interested in this and do you think it's a good idea?

- www.minecraft.net
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: ATK Community Minecraft Server!

Quote Originally Posted by Moeshi View Post
    Greetings minecraftians,

I'm sure that most of you have by now tried this game and/or have purchased it! After playing on many servers i have found that tight communities have been created without the aid of forums / communities.

After talking it over with Chalex we have decided that it MIGHT be a good idea to create an ATK Minecraft server that would offer a place for us / public to create and express themselves.

In addition subscribing to the silver subscription or above on ATK would grant you special status on the server which would entitle you to warping / other fun and useful things on the server.

This is simple me asking, How many of you would be interested in this and do you think it's a good idea?

- www.minecraft.net
    No. Sooner this minecraft crap dies the better. I have a silver sub atm, give me something I care about - like the animated avatar I wanted!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

I might play on it occasionally if we had one.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

WHO THE FUCK SAID YOU COULD POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Hahahaha everyone's responses are great. If people want a minecraft server, I'm up for it. I won't use it though .

@ Oric: sorry for not getting back to you, the image's size was far larger (physically) than we have a space for in the sidebar - smaller one around?

@ Chaz: yeah, he couldn't post here so I moved it for him - get over it .
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

I'm up for it, it's about time I can play properly rather than just spawning everything.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

I think it would cause quite the spike of new member to the forum if ran correctly and moderated well, and from the servers that I play on they are rarely inactive atall

Gamer IDs

OK, illogical rant aside - I actually think this could be a good experiment to see what happens. I think we need to be quicker on the ball when it comes to new games and popular servers, and thus be a bit more flexible in our setup, but with the popularity of MC atm (hehe) it could work.

The problem we've had in the past is relying on this tends to overload us in one area. When we started all the way back in BRS, most of us played CS as we were a CS clan. Recently, we've had turns as a WoW-centric community and (less significantly) a LoL and EVE-centric. Plus, whilst the cycles continue, we are not pulling any members in. I think we need to discuss and decide a regimented plan in order to boost membership and activity here. Could MC be the start of it? Deffo.

I can snoop around and see who runs my mate's MC server, although it's a little expensive.

The German hosts we did have were bloody cheap, but not 100% reliable..

I might be able to snatch that German server if you wanted. iirc it was like, £8 a month or so.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Minecraft server sounds fun, giant monumental nobs ahoy!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

I share Orics point of view in his first post.

so we can have an empty minecraft server woot, there only 4 people even interested in that shite, and vicious already has a pretty good server going which maybe better to incorp that one into ATK, and wait for a BF3 and get a good server for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all seem to have a DO NOT PLAY DO NOT WANT attitude one of the main problems with new members to the forum is that we are so closed in, if someone new joins we seem to shun them, I honestly think that this will bring new people in, anyway minecraft servers are CHEAP if it doesn't work then it's a minor loss at most, the wider range of games we offer the more people we have potential to rope in.

Katakuna says that we can incorporate the Mineconomy server into ATK (for example, the server is under ATK's name, we have a forum for the minecraft server on ATKcommunity.com) - Kat says it would be cool to talk to Chalex about it if we're gonna have ATK's name on the server.

Mineconomy is looking for new players, and if we bring more players to both MiCo and ATKcommunity, it's a win-win for all of us.

Hawadayathink?

EDIT - I agree with Marshy, we really are like a crabby olde english village, we kinda make all the new members leave within a couple of days because of this overall attitude.

Gamer IDs

Agree with the last two, and it essentially follows on from my second post. I actually have a roughly drawn up 5-step program in order to get ATK choc full of members, and I'll have a chat with Chalex in the coming days

Thread Information