Thread: Minecraft Server is here!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Minecraft Server is here!

Mere days since we considered the concept, we now have an ATK Minecraft server! Here are the details:

IP: 77.245.76.234

The server has been run by Vicious Horizon, Katakuna, Smudge for about a month now, but under a different name. It's got lots of shiny mods on and a good bunch of active players.

From now on the server is known as the ATK server, as we hope you'll all take advantage of it! Forums have been setup right here: http://www.atkcommunity.com/forums/113-Minecraft-Server .

Donation and admin levels are still being decided on, but you can find the almost complete 'Contribute' page here: http://www.atkcommunity.com/contribute.php . You might want to wait a day or so before donating though.

The most exciting piece of news is the exclusive ATK island in-game! This has been created to allow JUST trusted ATK members to create masterpieces together, without the worry of the public deleting it all. Everyone can teleport there and marvel at it though! New ATK members must have at least 20 posts on the forum before being able to access it .

Enjoy! Would be great if Katakuna & Smudge could introduce themselves here too .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: Minecraft Server is here!

Hello puddings, I'm known as Smudge / iFiestas or you can simply just call me Rob. Either one is cool. Since day 1 of the server I've been the one paying for it. Currently we have 2 VPS servers (un-used one located in Germany) and the one we're using now which is located in the UK. The UK VPS you will be playing on has 8 cores, 1GBPS Ports and also RAID Backup in-case anything was to go wrong. If you have any problems connecting to the server feel free to contact myself, Karakuna (bxnub) or Vicious. I assume most of you won't really like me to begin with because I'm new here and it's like invading your community. But if you have anything you wish to ask me feel free too.

Small bit of background information on me, I'm English, 17 and I am a Student at College for computing. I mainly focus on web-design and development and I'm a friendly person basically (as long as you keep of my diamonds ).

Thanks for having us.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Hello puddings, I'm known as Smudge / iFiestas or you can simply just call me Rob. Either one is cool. Since day 1 of the server I've been the one paying for it. Currently we have 2 VPS servers (un-used one located in Germany) and the one we're using now which is located in the UK. The UK VPS you will be playing on has 8 cores, 1GBPS Ports and also RAID Backup in-case anything was to go wrong. If you have any problems connecting to the server feel free to contact myself, Karakuna (bxnub) or Vicious. I assume most of you won't really like me to begin with because I'm new here and it's like invading your community. But if you have anything you wish to ask me feel free too.

Small bit of background information on me, I'm English, 17 and I am a Student at College for computing. I mainly focus on web-design and development and I'm a friendly person basically (as long as you keep of my diamonds ).

Thanks for having us.

VOX mk2?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    VOX mk2?
    Lol, play nice.

Welcome Smudge, can't say I'll be on it any time soon, but welcome all the same. You guys play any other games?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mitch View Post
    VOX mk2?
    Other than being a 17 year old English person who studies computing, I don't see how that's me .

Welcome Smudge

yhea you seem to have dignity vox lost it a while back :/

Quote Originally Posted by nikoli View Post
    yhea you seem to have dignity vox lost it a while back :/
    Poland.. you have no dignity either

And this server is great except for vicious somehow thinking since he got admin he is all powerful, he jews everyone out, and when it breaks doesn't bother to fix it, maybe someone else could be an admin that is active even while it's broken and doesn't just dissapear, sorry vicious that's just how it is

Hi Joe.

I'm currently at a LAN.

This means 2 things.

First of all, I can't connect to the Minecraft server to fix it, the same with bxnub.

Secondly, I don't have access to the control panel normally, so I can't work on the serverside.

To the point that i 'jew out' on everyone: I don't spawn you abhorrent quantitys of blocks at your every command because that's not how the server works. You want materials? Pay for it with gold, like everyone else does.

I hope we've cleared that up, if you didn't understand why your entire post is wrong, PM me to let me know how you feel.

- Vicious Horizon.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    You want materials? Pay for it with gold, like everyone else does.
    Or mine for it? Isn't that the point of the game?

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Yes, yes it is. But I gather from the moaning about me not getting around to fixing it that Joe doesn't have the patience to play the game properly.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

I quite clearly do have the patience to play it properly shown by my singleplayer worlds and the stuff me and moeshi have made on the server

And the fact when anyone asks for the simplest bit of help you're like "I couldn't possibly do that! " surely it would be nice to lend a hand every once in a while, seeing as all the admins have done so far is kill me and not give me any of my stuff back? And destroy parts of my house which I now can't repair as the server has broken?

But ok maybe my whole post is 'wrong' and everything the admins has done has been right, my bad?

willy.

Its a nice server. So far there hasn't been to much lag, except when breaking red stone. The admins are fair and there's plenty of people on.

Thread Information