Thread: Server problems continued.

Server problems continued.

Ok chaps, I realise there have been a series of miscommunications and problems about the Minecraft server and why permissions haven't been working.

Firstly, a little history of the addons used which have broken, and are causing these problems.
    The minecraft server runs with ‘Craftbukkit’, which is a base addon which the other addons we use are based within (in simple)
    The two current addons which have updated without waiting for craftbukkit are iChat and Groupmanager.
    iChat is easily fixed, and has been, however GroupManager is not, and has not.
    What has happened with Groupmanager is that it has wiped the userdata file, which stores everything about the players on the server, including Ops, Mods, donators, ATK members and guests, and deleting this file has meant a lot of the information has been lost.
    Some of the data is twinned in other files, so those elements (such as homes) haven’t failed completely.
    The core of our groups ([ATK] [Op] [Mod]) is in that userdata file, so when it was wiped, we’ve lost all of the groups.
    This wipe coincided with Katakuna (bxnub) and I leaving to go to LeachLAN 7, which, being a small LAN, blocks many ports to games so we were unable to repair GroupManager while there.
    When I got home last night, I briefly messed around with the manager tools and found that being Server Op doesn’t correlate with Op group when it comes to addition rules, so basically I cannot do anything client-side, and I don’t personally have access to edit the userdata file to give myself access clientside.
    Any questions may be asked, I hope I’ve made it clear that until Katakuna is around nothing can be done with the ATK Permissions.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Re: Server problems continued.

Sorry to do this but: Vicious you're kinda wrong

The real problem is that GroupManager just wiped the users.yml file which _ONLY_ stores what group a user is in, so if you weren't in the guest group (which is the default) you're now a guest. No data was really lost and the reason it's not been fixed yet is because I'm busy recuperating after leach

Not that it really matters so those of you that played the server now anyway, since you went and bought your own.

Well should be good to get the powers back soon
    are you refering to nolre and cakezombie... i found it funny when cake told me about them getting their own server. seems they wanted a creative one or something..? haha

nah, Moeshi and Joe

Thread Information